The All New AK Alfa
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The All New AK Alfa

LT, please delete this post
    Last edited by Croatoan; 07-13-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    WECSOG and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Is it still 'rock to lock'? I hope they fixed that.

Let me know when you get it we can go out to the desert and play army man. I have a few M-4's SKS AK-47 but love the handguns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My son is saving up for this. https://iwi.us/Tavor-Test/TAVOR-TSFD16-(5).aspx

Not the first time the Israelis have improved the AK. The Galil is another improved AK that they have used for decades.
    Dryden-Tdub and lbxr like this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    Not the first time the Israelis have improved the AK. The Galil is another improved AK that they have used for decades.
    The Galil is actually an improved version of the Rk 62 which in turn was an improvement of an AK 47. Yeah, I know, a technicality but the Galil was never "to my knowledge at least" chambered in 7.62 x 39mm either. So a "loosely based variant" may be a more accurate description.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I love the AK platform rifle & the 7.62 cartridge . However the rifles safety lever is not lefty friendly .
    The Alfa looked like a SCAR/ACR/ Ninjafied update. It's odd that they used the old style gas block on a updated rifle.
    They changed the recoil impulse, to a more inline angle too. Wonder what it weighs?.
    Thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    The Galil is actually an improved version of the Rk 62 which in turn was an improvement of an AK 47. Yeah, I know, a technicality but the Galil was never "to my knowledge at least" chambered in 7.62 x 39mm either. So a "loosely based variant" may be a more accurate description.

Tom
    Disagree. The Galil uses the Kalashnikov functional design exactly, with no real changes to the basic function. In fact, since it has a milled receiver, it is closer to the original than is the sheet metal receiver AKM that most people think of when they think "AK-47."

Of course, as you mention, Galils do use much better cartridges than the 7.62x39. But the cartridge it fires is not a defining characteristic of the firearm design.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    Disagree. The Galil uses the Kalashnikov functional design exactly, with no real changes to the basic function. In fact, since it has a milled receiver, it is closer to the original than is the sheet metal receiver AKM that most people think of when they think "AK-47."

Of course, as you mention, Galils do use much better cartridges than the 7.62x39. But the cartridge it fires is not a defining characteristic of the firearm design.
    The "original" was actually a stamped receiver but was replaced during the third and final stage of military testing because of production problems. Milled receivers lasted roughly 8 years "can't really remember exactly" but once production hurdles were overcome the vast majority of AK-47's returned to stamped metal. I will verify my memory later once home I do love gun talk and am occasionally mistaken. Not often, but occasionally.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links