Are There Any History Enthusiasts Of Abraham Lincoln Here?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Are There Any History Enthusiasts Of Abraham Lincoln Here?

Question Are There Any History Enthusiasts Of Abraham Lincoln Here?

I'm looking for a Huge Fan of Abraham Lincoln. Do we have any one here especially interested in history and in particular Abraham Lincoln??
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am a huge fan of the era. I have been to many of the Civil War Battle sites. Went as a kid and then took my kids too. My father did reenactments. He has quite a few period pieces including an original Remington Zouave (pronounced zoe - ahv) in pristine condition as well as a number of accoutrements from the 1st Michigan Infantry, 24th Michigan Volunteer Infantry and the 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th Michigan Calvary (General Custer's Brigade).

As a man I have some reservations about President Lincoln. I am registered as a Republican and when ever I hear statements about Republicans are racist it's, well just so hypocritical. It was a Republican that freed the black man from slavery. But as much as that was a part of the Civil War there was more to it than slavery. In fact the root cause was state rights over a centralized large Federal Government power. In this regard I think I wish the Rebels would have prevailed, but God only knows where that may have let this Nation. He was more of a hands on person during the war and did tend to micro manage at times but then would ignore certain incompetent generals in his ranks that let to many unnecessary deaths of the Union Soldiers. On the other hand he would field test rifles, weapons and equipment for adoption for the troops.

What do you need to know?
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 02-02-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    TWilight and littletommy like this.

What I am looking for my brother, is a person who would appreciate a book I have that is possibly a first edition written around the turn of the century. I have a few rare old books that I have loved though the years, and I know that when I pass on, there will be no one in my family who would appreciate them as I did, so I am looking for a like minded person who would love and appreciate this book. I bet your Dad would love it and I'm sure you would too.

The book is:
    Lincoln's Own Yarns and Stories by Col. A. K. Mc Clure.

It is a complete collection of the funny and witty anecdotes that made Abraham Lincoln famous as America's Greatest Story Teller during his time. It is illustrated beautifully and is filled with short stories of how he dealt with politicians and those he came into daily contact with. It is really quite unique and very interesting. It gives you some great insight into how his mind worked and how very smart he really was.

Have you heard of this book or read it? How about your Dad?

It is a book that was republished over the years and can be found online, but this is one of the first ones ever printed.

Would you like to have this book bro? I only want to give it to a fan and someone who would appreciate it like I have.

PM me your name and address if you feel you meet my expectations and it's yours.

Sincerely,
    littletommy
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have read a bit about Abe. Too bad his life was cut short. I have a distant relative, Nancy Ann Brumfield that married a Lincoln. She was an aunt to Abe. When the population was very small, talking 1607, the first one of my clan came ashore.
    littletommy and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    i have read a bit about abe. Too bad his life was cut short. I have a distant relative, nancy ann brumfield that married a lincoln. She was an aunt to abe. When the population was very small, talking 1607, the first one of my clan came ashore.
    We should be calling you Sir Plumbstraight then!!
    Devils Advocate likes this.

Devils Advocate, just sent you a PM.

Got it and replied to you. Thanks so much. Can't wait to get it to my father.
    littletommy likes this.

Plumb, If you are interested when my father is finished with it I'll get it back and pass it onto you. I'm planning on giving it to him for his birthday which is in May. This way we keep it littletommy's family.

Good plan. A good book to read I am sure.
    littletommy likes this.

I enjoyed reading the book "The Lincoln Myth" by Steve Berry.
    Historical fiction with lots of very interesting citations from his speeches and writings.
    The myth being that he saved the union, whereas he actually formed the union.
    Very interesting.
    littletommy likes this.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links