The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly.....
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly.....

The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly.....

I am only going to type this one time and one time only....and be done with it

If you may have or have not noticed, I have not posted much on this forum of late....frankly I am a bit more than pissed off at the entire mess it has become..no one person is to blame, but I harken to the days a year or so ago, when we could read Qwerty's Lies and BS and talk about our upcoming trip to Moab 2015...those days are past, sadly. I will send out a salute to guys and gals that have been more fair and I have made my Comrads on TWs...Paliden sending me a box of woven Key Chains, just for me sending her a worn out Vietnam Vet License Plate, Little Tommy sending me out of the blue a Subway Credit Card for the Moab Trip, Twilight Mike losing the Ohio State vs Oregon bet and paying off at Moab with a great dinner and plenty of Free Beer, Devil's Advocate again paying off a losing bet in the Ohio State vs Michigan Game {you guys gotta figure out you don't be against the Buckeyes ....} and paying off with a expensive bottle of Drambuie. Then the Admiral who laid a great pair of Motorcycle "Hand Warmers" on me, without question and without asking for anything in return just because he read a post about a recent trip where we had cold hands....Meeting Jay Dub out of the Blue when he hooked up with Montezuma and I along the shores of Grand Lake last Summer, and we had a great meal together....and then there are Borneo and Weasel, whom got me and Montezuma loaded up and ready for Moab last March....a couple of guys whom I had only known for 2 months.

That is the TW Forums I want to remember....not the current BS going on...My only suggestion for those who can't get along, is use the ignore button, that in itself will make it better on the rest of the gang...please do it for the sake of sanity and the forum in General

Now, as Montezuma posted, I won't be going to Moab....frankly the main reason is...Borneo isn't going, and I don't really want to haul bikes across the Rockies with what Nick{Montezuma} and I have as trailers, yea I know, sounds like BS, but good enough to me...so I am heading to South Texas on March 5th for a week or 10 days with Borneo, Effenflood, Montezuma, and a Harley guy from Fort Wayne, where we will ride in the Big Bend.....

Hopefully we will make it back safe and sound, and hopefully alive I will share photos and possibly some videos of the trip...in the meantime however, I ask you to take a good look in the mirror and figure out just what you are posting and why? Far be it from me to play peacemaker or nice guy...you've seen my political and social commentary posts and threads and know where I stand on most issues that are posted in the "Basement" but this constant tearing down of each other is not going to end well, we already have lost members who were valued contributors, both from quitting the forum or just plain dying ... Let's see to it, we don't continue down that path.

Hoot

Upper Great Lakes Adventure Hoot 3d.jpg
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Well said, you will be missed in Moab Hoot, along with the rest of the Moab original members that have other options.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Well said, you will be missed in Moab Hoot, along with the rest of the Moab original members that have other options.
    Nick and I plan on getting back out there....frankly however, I want to go in late May or June sometime, before it's to hot but after the snow threat ends ...hopefully before I can longer ride...although the way my back feels this weekend, after officiating to many basketball games, you never know

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good for you Pat, well said.
    Hope you guys have a wonderfull time in Big Bend. Was hoping to ride and visit with you all again in happy times like last year but thoroughly understand.
    You all will be missed.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I agree with Fred, "well said". I find that I want to ignore the BS as much or more than anyone, so the "ignore button" is my choice.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Where is the mute button?
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

Well, I'm just bummed that I won't get to ride with Ebbanflood again. Like you others Jim is a heck of a super nice guy but bike problems prevented more rides together last year.
    Have fun guys, eat some spicy chilli for me in Terlingua and watch out for those wild burros down along the Rio Grande.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Since I am totally ignorant of any problems I must not read any of the threads were the problems are, and who the problems might be...
    Wait a minute, maybe that is what the offending posters think...?
    I try to live by the old saying that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything."
    Attacks against anyone for any reason online is just unacceptable.

I rarely look at any thread in the off-topic section.
    Fred, Dryden-Tdub, jbfla and 9 others like this.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Hoot, you likely know about this but if not, research the recent wild fires in & around Big Bend. From what I saw & heard they were pretty bad.
    I *think* they are all out now but not sure.
    And remember the old MG (car) slogan: Safety Fast!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Hoot, you likely know about this but if not, research the recent wild fires in & around Big Bend. From what I saw & heard they were pretty bad.
    I *think* they are all out now but not sure.
    And remember the old MG (car) slogan: Safety Fast!
    Been keeping an eye on them, but so far it is only covering a small part of this massive park, and all roads are now open...sucks that it si burning off 1000 acres per day, but sometime you just got clean things out....with 4 weeks to go before we arrive, hopefully all will be back to normal...

thanks
    jtomelliott49, Darth and TWilight like this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links