Super Bowl 50
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Super Bowl 50

Super Bowl 50

OK, my Broncos won...now pay up! I root for the Broncos even though my bride insists that in Brazilian Portuguese "BRONCO" means a very,very stupid person. Truly a great game. Now we have to go into football withdrawal
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

That was a hard fought game. If it weren't for those two fumbles right at the goal line it would have been a different story. At least Manning leaves the game a winner.

Lets all just hope Peyton rides off into the sunset in the same fashion as John Elway before him. He has been a class act since day one and should be remembered as leaving on top after overcoming the hardest season of his career. Too few real class acts left in the NFL.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I wanted to see Manning go out a winner and I did. Truth be told though, he was the one player who actually did the least to make the win happen. His defenders did it all and Cam Newton never did show up for the game. Denver got their rings and deserve the win but I hope now that Manning is smart enough to go out a winner on the top.

GaryL
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Yep, have nothing against Newton or Carolina, but I figure they will be back, lots of Buckeyes on the Panthers, so I could have enjoyed them winning, but bottom line was, Manning has been one of the great ones, and hopefully he has the good sense to retire now, and go out a Champion and with his health....just like Elway did a few years back....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    OK, my Broncos won...now pay up! I root for the Broncos even though my bride insists that in Brazilian Portuguese "BRONCO" means a very,very stupid person. Truly a great game. Now we have to go into football withdrawal
    I would bet, just like here, Bronco and a lot of other words have numerous meanings depending upon where you are and how the word is used. I grew up loving Westerns and Cowboys but around here Cowboys are a derogatory bunch of Yahoos.

Seems to me the consensus is in that Manning should walk away proud and healthy and I hope he does not push his luck any farther than he already has. I would rather see him on the sidelines coaching or in the announcers box in the future.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

In case you are already having "Football Withdraw" here is a funny fix for your Gridiron needs:

I see the Cheap Bastards at the NFL have blocked it, but you can go to You Tube, and click on both parts 1 and 2...
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 02-08-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I normally cheer for the Chiefs, or whoever's playing Dallas. This game was only tough because Denver has taken the Chiefs out of contention too many times. I too wanted Manning to go out a winner, but am a bit fearful he will do the Favre thing and try to play past his time.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Truth be told though, he was the one player who actually did the least to make the win happen. His defenders did it all and Cam Newton never did show up for the game. Denver got their rings and deserve the win but I hope now that Manning is smart enough to go out a winner on the top.

GaryL
    congrats to Denver!...i agree...i didn't really care who won, i just wanted to see a good game...it was a defensive game so low scoring...Denver defense came up huge cause Manning wasn't doing much...Newton didn't do much either though...both QBs had ratings in the mid 50s...part of me hopes Manning retires cause he's pretty beat up and he was one of the worst QBs in the league this season but part of me wants him to make a miraculous recovery cause i loved my team (the patriots) playing Denver with him under center (or behind center i should say)...who doesn't want to watch 2 great QBs play...Newton came into this game riding high thinking his shit doesn't stink and talking highly about himself (instead of his team)...he got knocked down so much, got flustered and lost...then acts like a baby during the postgame...when i saw him not try to recover the ball he fumbled he looked like a huge pvssy
    Hoot Gibson and Dryden-Tdub like this.

I helped organize a party at the Legion and we all had a good time.I don't really watch any sports but I did enjoy the game.
    TWilight likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links