William & Kate.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William & Kate.

Good luck William & Kate, I'm sure the ultimate Princess, Diana is smiling!

I got up to watch it too.

Sure can see where the tradition of weddings came from.

Didn't realize they used that many horses over there. Lot more than I thought.

I would have liked to seen how the church was built some 950 years ago.

I am glad to say that at least we can still do pomp and ceremony over this side of the pond.

And we all got an extra bank holiday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I liked Kate's sober dress. And I loved the black horses. But most of all, the Queen rocks!
    Red Max - 1996 TW200 - 14/45, 320mm toothed brake disc, X-Racing titanium exhaust, Ricochet skid plate, Mule hitch pins, large pegs, VeeRubber VRM274&275 tires

Rmartin, if you want to know how that type of building is done, check out a book by Ken Follet called "Pillars of the Earth." The story gets a little tedious and melodramatic at times, but the central theme of the book is the building of a midieval cathedral. There's some really good detail about how they did rigging and construction and design, etc. The author really did his homework.

It's a long read but worth the effort.

They needed to a better job on the kiss. It looked like a brother and sister who where afraid of getting cooties from one another.

DILLIGAF?

Brits. Nothing else needs saying.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    DILLIGAF?

Brits. Nothing else needs saying.

Qwerty, not giving a f*** about the royal wedding is one thing but why do you dis-like the British.

I more curious than insulted, I'm sure you have your reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by uktw125 View Post
    Qwerty, not giving a f*** about the royal wedding is one thing but why do you dis-like the British.

I more curious than insulted, I'm sure you have your reasons.

I don't dislike the British. I generally find them quite amusing, in an oddly conundric sort of way. Most of them talk funny. Some smell funny, too, but I think that's because of the wierd stuff they eat--food often looks like ..., um, nevermind, citizens do not really want to know what some subjects eat.

The British have done some awesome and amazing engineering, making use of whatever raw materials they can get their hands on to build just about anything, considering the Isles may be the most resource poor population on earth, next to Japan. Think of the genius behind the de Havilland DH.98, made of plywood, that could do more significant damage with the 1800kg bomb load of one plane on one mission, fly low enough anti-aircraft fire couldn't hit it and fast enough fighters couldn't catch it, than a squadron of Lancasters or Hallifaxes, while using fewer resources than the heavy bombers required for fighter cover. Germany would have been beaten in 1942 had the material, machinery, fuel, and men required for the heavy bomber program been allocated to the DH.98 program instead.

Then there are Lucas electrics. Goodness, what were they thinking? On the other hand, consider the Rover V8, originally designed by Buick in the 1950s, winner of 2 Formula 1 titles, dependably powering fine British marques for 45 years, and still going strong today in the hands of British hotrodders.

I heard on the radio the British launched 1/3 of their cruise missile arsenal into Libya in one night? What's next, sails on warships to save bunker oil? I hope the Irish don't rise up with pitchforks, the British may be too broke to defend themselves. Exactly how much did this silly little wedding cost? In today's economic situation the Prince should have been given a ladder and encouragment to elope. Why, such fiscal irresponsibility makes about as much sense as the cost of a presidential trip to Illinois for a weekend.

Yes, the British are an entertaining sort. I intend to fully enjoy their antics, at least until the Muslims take over the Isle.

Qwerty,

I think I understand what you mean. It's a bit like the English pretending to not like the French, but we fight their wars, buy their cars, go there on holiday, drink their wine and covet their food so they can't be all bad.

I agree completely about the De Havilland Mosquito, in my opinion as well as the good points you made I think it is equally as good looking as a Spitfire.

TVR are still building sports cars with an engine that has it's roots firmly in the Rover/Buick V8. Sadly owned by a Russian business man now.

What our current and more so our last government spend our money on has always baffled and infuriated me.

This Libyan thing is another mystery, there are worst atrocities going on in the world and we turn a blind eye, our oil imports from Lybia is only 4% of the total we import, so you can not even say it's all about the oil.

I have no idea how much the wedding cost but I am told the royal family cost each citizen of the UK 60 pence a year each and they bring in enormous revenue from foreign tourist. Sounds like an exaggeration to me though.

I am not a royalist but I do like our country to at least keep some of our 1000 year old traditions.

Don't worry about the Muslims taking over it will never happen but the Irish are starting to wave their pitchforks again.

I'm glad you responded because I thought you really did not like the British.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links