Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 3 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By jb882

Thread: TW Speedblocks?

TW Speedblocks?

Word on the street is that 2016 is the 60th anniversary for Yamaha's motor division [even though wikipedia says their first bike was in 54 and the Motor Division opened in July 55, making it the 61st or 62th anniversary, but that's none of my business...]. To mark their diamond anniversary, Yamaha is selling the R1, the R6, the Super Tenere, and the YZF450f with "60th Anniversary" paintjobs in the classic yellow and black 'speedblock' livery.

yamaha-yzf-r1-60th-anniversary-edition-shows-a-timeless-yellow-black-livery-photo-gallery-100136.jpg

16SPBK_R6_Y_B1_0001.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

maxresdefault (2).jpg

It's too bad, I think, that the TW was not given such honors. The noble little donkey has been in production for near as makes no difference half as long as Yamaha itself. It is the longest running current production bike they make, and the second oldest bike still being made -since they stopped making the XT250 for 17 years.

So- the question of the day: have any of you characters ever seen a TW with the speedblock livery before?
    Last edited by methamphetasaur; 02-15-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    TWilight and jb882 like this.

This paint job will be Europe only for the SR400
    Me and my white mule

2016-02-15-23-15-35-1.jpg

It seems you are correct sir. It also seems that I am incorrect [oh, well]- apparently the SR400 has been in production since 78, but only in the US since 14, making it the oldest.

2016-02-15-23-15-57-1.jpg

Looks like you can get the Vmax, the Bolt, and whatever that scooter thing is too- if you live in Japan.
    TWilight likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

BIKE ON DAY?TW225!! : ?????????? - I've been drooling over that one for some time, the page is worth a visit, lot's of different pics of this bike .......

d0058941_2105387.jpg

In 2007, Yamaha marked the 20th anniversary of the TW by producing the TW225 Special Edition for one year only - a limited run of 1000 of each colour - the purple and the orange.

0701tw225eaniv2_l.jpg 9356fc52881f53c19fcbc09057347119.jpg

We'll have to wait till next year to see if they mark the 30th year of production ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Although you are “Technically correct” — (another term for “smart arse”) —in Yamaha’s case, the calendar seems to work differently - (those grains of rice are notoriously difficult to count) …………
    TWilight likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    Word on the street is that 2016 is the 60th anniversary for Yamaha's motor division [even though wikipedia says their first bike was in 54 and the Motor Division opened in July 55, making it the 61st or 62th anniversary, but that's none of my business...]. To mark their diamond anniversary, Yamaha is selling the R1, the R6, the Super Tenere, and the YZF450f with "60th Anniversary" paintjobs in the classic yellow and black 'speedblock' livery.

yamaha-yzf-r1-60th-anniversary-edition-shows-a-timeless-yellow-black-livery-photo-gallery-100136.jpg

16SPBK_R6_Y_B1_0001.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

maxresdefault (2).jpg

It's too bad, I think, that the TW was not given such honors. The noble little donkey has been in production for near as makes no difference half as long as Yamaha itself. It is the longest running current production bike they make, and the second oldest bike still being made -since they stopped making the XT250 for 17 years.

So- the question of the day: have any of you characters ever seen a TW with the speedblock livery before?

The yellow/black is my favorite Yamaha color combo. Early 80's YZ motocross bikes especially. I have thought about redoing my TW in Yellow and having speed block graphics made for it many times. If someone would mold the plastics in yellow so i don't have to deal with paint touchups i would have done it already....
    TWilight likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    I have thought about redoing my TW in Yellow and having speed block graphics made for it many times. If someone would mold the plastics in yellow so i don't have to deal with paint touchups i would have done it already....
    That's what I was thinking. I heard vinyl wraps were cheaper than having someone paint it, and would definitely be easier to fix if you scratch it up too bad. Not a definite idea as of yet, but something that's been bouncing around in my head for a bit.

Sponosred Links