Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By mhomadness
  • 2 Post By SanDue

Thread: World's Fastest Gun

World's Fastest Gun

toslow, 1911garand, Xracer and 4 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

No wonder why our Defense Budget is through the roof. Wish I knew how much each round costs so I could do some math and figure out how much 5 minutes or 5 million rounds would cost.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

When I read that the M134 MiniGun was on helicopters, I thought of you Gary, and figured you would be familiar with this type of gun. I can't even imagine 1,000,000 rounds a minute though.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    No wonder why our Defense Budget is through the roof. Wish I knew how much each round costs so I could do some math and figure out how much 5 minutes or 5 million rounds would cost.

GaryL
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    When I read that the M134 MiniGun was on helicopters, I thought of you Gary, and figured you would be familiar with this type of gun. I can't even imagine 1,000,000 rounds a minute though.
    My squadron's choppers did have guns for them but only ever mounted on them when they went into a war zone. With the exception of 2 short training cruises, Gitmo and Nova Scotia, I never got out of the states so we were just air cranes. We shared hangars side by side with a Marine Chopper squad and they had all the big guns.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Metal Storm has been around for some time, and while it has been deployed by USN in limited numbers since '07 it is not something expended frequently like the $70,000 AGM-114 Hellfires we use to obliterate ISIS Toyotas and the like. Fielding the AGMs and their various launch platforms are certainly expensive but they are effective and widely deployed.
    The Navy is not procuring the 9mm projectile based systems we see in the promo videos but rather experimenting with a 40mm grenade system to complement existing Phalanx point defense systems. iRobot, who makes our Rumba robotic vacuum cleaners, has the Firestorm drone but it's 40mm barrel systems hold only 16 rounds each. Army wants some sort of anti-RPG counter but all the MetalStorm variants are bulky, "shoot the wad" very quickly then require bulky time consuming re-loads.
    Metalstorm is a neat concept but just putting rounds downrange is just the beginning, need to track and hit one's target hard. It is almost like having a single shot shotgun.
    mhomadness and littletommy like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

It's as Fred said, basically a shot gun...

Now if you really want to have fun, & blow a bunch of tax payer $$, drag a few Sgt. Yorks out of the moth balls of the 1980's... m.

Although the text over pics is a drag, check out the other youtube vids called the Sgt. York disaster pt. 1&2.
    SanDue and littletommy like this.

No big deal! We had one of these machine guns at the annual SANDUE RIDE AND SHOOT TOO. I can't think I forgot to remember who brought it. No big deal Dirts a Flyen. SanDue
    littletommy and mhomadness like this.

The Russian ZSU 23-4 is much superior to the Sergeant York when properly deployed, maintained and armed , all four barrels up and sync'ed with the on-board radar unlike the export models one sees in Syria.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links