America's Obituary.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: America's Obituary.

America's Obituary.

THIS IS SAD---- BUT THINK ABOUT IT AFTER YOU READ IT , THEN READ IT AGAIN!!!!!!

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburg, had this to say about the fall of the
    Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
    Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
    Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
    The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
    Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
    Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
    The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
    Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
    Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage."
    The Obituary follows:

" United States of America ", Born 1776, Died 2016
    It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning...The last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low Income tenements and living off various forms of government WELFARE..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million Criminal invaders called illegal’s - and they vote - then we can say...Goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .
    Dryden-Tdub, TWilight and Purple like this.
    John

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
    -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Deus Regnat Exultet Terra

Not true. I despise this president and the nitwits that elected him but the facts remain.

The Fall of the Athenian Republic : snopes.com

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

"Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1"

Sounds scary and really drives home the divide in our country. It would be an effective argument, BUT THOSE STATEMENTS ARE SIMPLY NOT TRUE. Romney won 24 states, not 29 (maybe Professor Olsen was educated in a school that would benefit from Common Core to make sure simple math skills are learned by all kids?) I do say I agree with almost everything else. The taking from treasury has long been feared and can ruin us. We are also firmly on that path As for his final item that amnesty would cause a collapse of the USA within 5 years, I ask you to think whether that sounds accurate to you. At a minimum, the people that repeatedly espouse the "American exceptionalism" of the "greatest country in the history of man" surely do not think we are so fragile that we will collapse within 5 years from a population increase of around 5%, even if the grantees are currently here illegally.

Not trying to criticize the sentiment of the professor's article, just pointing out it has incorrect facts and may be making ridiculously dire predictions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think it's an important viewpoint to consider and understand. I am a pretty conservative guy, bordering on Libertarian in many of my views. However, this particular theory has a lot of holes, not the least of which is England has had representative government (Magna Carta) since the 1200s and Democracy has existed well past these predictions across several nations. Still a great thought provoking point of view, that I believe represents a lot of what is driving a never ending "under class" of people dependent on the government dependent on others for their well being. Helps keep us on our toes and having a vigorous discussion about our future as a nation.Thanks for posting it!

I was going to say 19 and 29 don't add up to 57

I know its 50 for those who don't get it.

England's history since Magna Carta is quit long and varied and while representative (big difference from democratic) for most of It i believe only land holders were given the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Not true. I despise this president and the nitwits that elected him but the facts remain.

The Fall of the Athenian Republic : snopes.com

Tom
    Don't believe anything political you read in Snopes....they are left wing hacks to the Nth Degree
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Yes, not a representative Democracy by today's standards, but if you use that as a basis, none of the Democracies before suffrage would qualify. It's only in very recent times that the bulk of the potential electorate could vote. Even in the U.S. blacks and women only recently gained that right.

Hope this works.

Vote democrat.jpg

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The writing structure or lack of in the first paragraph makes me question it's logic or potential lack of.

Not everyone owns land or is on welfare. How about renters? Almost everyone I knew in the city rented. And worked like dogs to pay too much for housing. It looks like Obama got mostly urban votes (majority) over Romney.

I do think people are being too complacent and blindly dependent on authorities in general.

So, where does it account for those who consider Romney to be not much better than Obama?

Romney +1/2

Obama
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links