Sensible Gun Control
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Sensible Gun Control

Sensible Gun Control

My wife just got back from the east coast where she was visiting several childhood friends. As a house guest in some pro-Hillary, pro-gun control lesbians home she had to bite her tongue when cheerfully informed that if only new effective gun control legislation could be passed then violent crime would be greatly lessened. She figured she might be shown the door if she pointed out that if honest folks surrendered their guns then only the criminals would have guns. She did point out that I keep guns to scare away bears.
    She was steaming when she got home.
    As a Brazillian she knows all about how legislated stringent gun control simply leaves the criminals well armed and the citizenry sheep suitable for harvest. Even strict laws leave back-door openings to acquire guns. For example when she jumped through all the hoops to buy a shotgun with background checks, waiting periods, etc and finally picked up the scattergun she had to take it to her village police station for further registration. The police did their paperwork then she was led to a back room storage where she was offered purchase of any other gun of her choice "on the left" from a closet of confiscated guns. No paperwork, no registration, just a little donation to the police benevolent society and she could have walked out with a full auto Uzi.
    She declined, the shotgun came home and had it's barrel and stock cut off making a classic sling supported lurpa. I later used it to dispatch a 6+ foot rather poisonous snake on her jungle lined ranch. She said it was a record sized jararaca, what we would call a fer-de-lance.1424955.jpg
    I thought by it's size it must have been a bushmaster since they get to be up to 14 ft.374009966.jpg
    Either viper would totally ruin your day. To keep body away from her dogs I tried to toss it into jungle along her drive but it got looped over power lines making a rather grizzly back-lit trophy until the birds picked it clean.
    Anyways without a firearm I would have had a hard time keeping her dogs away from the snake. There are good reasons to honest people to have access to firearms. Without them normal law abiding citizens are at the mercy of all sorts of snakes both two legged and otherwise.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sensible gun control is two hands when needed.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

On a similar note of police and guns I got pulled over along the Paraguayan border by police wishing to search the back of the truck for smuggled guns or drugs since the region was a prime smuggling corridor. My wife as translator said they were more interested in a getting a bribe, and had any guns been confiscated they might likely have been for sale later by the police on the black market. Very hard to control the supply of firearms or any contraband.
    Of note we were not smuggling but on vacation coming back from Foz de Iguazu were the enormous Parana River breaks into something like 270 individual waterfalls along a mile long series of cascades. Definitely a world class natural beauty site the falls form the border between Brazil and Argentina. The grilled beef is absolutely world class, but different, on either side of the river. Proud Argentinians say theirs is the best, but the Brazilian churrasco style is also hard to beat.images-4.jpegimages-2.jpeg
    Last edited by Fred; 03-05-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Simply WOW!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Beautiful countryside. On the gun note, I think further gun control (by the government) will only make criminals out of many Americans. I will not be in line to turn any of my guns in to the feds if they decide they want them. They will simply, by implementing gun control policy, make me a criminal. Then, I can see a portion of the population turning to black market to buy guns to be able to defend our selves and our families. If a burglar, rapist, psycho, [email protected]%#ole wants to do harm to me or my family, I intend to ruin their day. And if they have more firepower than I have, shame on me for not being prepared. Sorry if I offend anyone here, but that's how I feel.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Beautiful countryside. On the gun note, I think further gun control (by the government) will only make criminals out of many Americans. I will not be in line to turn any of my guns in to the feds if they decide they want them. They will simply, by implementing gun control policy, make me a criminal. Then, I can see a portion of the population turning to black market to buy guns to be able to defend our selves and our families. If a burglar, rapist, psycho, [email protected]%#ole wants to do harm to me or my family, I intend to ruin their day. And if they have more firepower than I have, shame on me for not being prepared. Sorry if I offend anyone here, but that's how I feel.
    I used to feel the same way until I lost all of my guns in a tragic canoeing accident. Now I have none to turn in If any pictures surface of me with a firearm I am likely just holding it for my neighbor.........

Tom
    Fred, TW-Brian, Purple and 11 others like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

" They will simply, by implementing gun control policy, make me a criminal. Then, I can see a portion of the population turning to black market to buy guns to be able to defend our selves and our families." - This is exactly what I witnessed in Brazil.
    Private security is a very big source of employment there, most every building has a "guard", however since most are prohibited from being legally armed they are largely ineffective. Almost everyone I met had some story of being robbed at gunpoint in public, some had the bullet wound scars to prove it, and a very dear and notable couple I met were later murdered in their bed by armed home invaders. The criminals were well armed despite strong national gun control laws that had been on the books and enforced for many years. Many citizens illegally own guns for protection in their home but face penalties should they ever use them in self defense.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-05-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Little prince andi has created 100's of thousands criminals here in NY by forcing people to register their "Assault Weapons". Very few registered theirs and are now criminals.

The simple parts about Gun Control is we can just drop the Gun part. Control is what it is all about and those who have no guns will have no control.

Every one of us where born with the instinct of Self Preservation and the right to protect ourselves from what ever comes along. Criminals and bad people will always have guns and so will I.

I will call 911 right after I take care of business and a bad guy or a bear or rabid animal in my back yard knows nothing about gun control until it is too late. I just had our cat killed by a nasty wild Tom and he is scheduled for execution the first chance I get.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links