What???
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: What???

What???

What???

Not far from me is where this is taking place. World gets weirder every day.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I do wonder what liability the City of Ithaca and the State of New York will bare the first time a junky shoots himself up in one of these clinics then leaves and kills someone? The city would be guilty for providing such a "service" and the state would be guilty for ignoring the laws that are being broken.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

rbm
    This is one of the most ridiculous ideas I have hears of in a LONG time...
    scotti158 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I like to smash stolen cars at high speed into bridge abutments.
    Will the state of ny provide a safe place with fully staffed extrication and medical teams so I can perform my illegal, unnecessary activity without fear of legal repercussions?

You picks your poisons and you takes yer chances.
    Your call. Your responsibility.
    Not mine.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I was born in Ithaca and live about 40 miles away now. One of my favorite bumper stickers: "Sal's old motorcycle Parts in the heart of the Whine Country - Ithaca NY".
    scotti158 likes this.

Oh Cool, So now I can make a run up to Ithica and get myself all hooked up on dope. This has been on my bucket list for some time now.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Russandkava View Post
    On the other hand...they would have more access to receive treatment help. Access to methadone to quit heroin easier. Community outreach programs to help them re-establish themselves in society and climb out of a hole they dug for themselves. I'm sure there would be many positive effects from this.

Yes they would be administered doses of an"illegal" drug. But now junkies can get their fix without having to steal property and, or, rob people to get the money to buy their drugs. And they would have "cleaner" drugs to inject, and clean needles, to curb the spread of horrible disease within the effected community.

Thankfully there are people compassionate enough to want to help people in need, instead of bulldozing them into a meat grinder! Our country is out of control with the fear mongering. To try a new approach for solving a problem is noble wether it works or not. It has showed positive results in the countries that have implemented similar programs. Better than just kicking people to the curb.

But what do I know? Nothing! I'm gonna go ride my tw!
    I guess I missed the part where these clinics were going to be providing the free dope along with the needles and a safe zone to be shooting it. If this actually does work out then someone please let the Mayor know I like Beer and Tequila and would like the same free pub.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The Euro Crazies Come to Amerika....

These people {hooked on H} need Help, not another fix....what a cluster F**k this pitiful country has become....

Tick, Tick, Tick, it won't be to long before it is out of it's misery...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Russandkava View Post
    On the other hand...they would have more access to receive treatment help. Access to methadone to quit heroin easier. Community outreach programs to help them re-establish themselves in society and climb out of a hole they dug for themselves. I'm sure there would be many positive effects from this.

Yes they would be administered doses of an"illegal" drug. But now junkies can get their fix without having to steal property and, or, rob people to get the money to buy their drugs. And they would have "cleaner" drugs to inject, and clean needles, to curb the spread of horrible disease within the effected community.

Thankfully there are people compassionate enough to want to help people in need, instead of bulldozing them into a meat grinder! Our country is out of control with the fear mongering. To try a new approach for solving a problem is noble wether it works or not. It has showed positive results in the countries that have implemented similar programs. Better than just kicking people to the curb.

But what do I know? Nothing! I'm gonna go ride my tw!
    Here is a freaking idea. Lock their drug addled asses in a padded room under doctors supervision until whatever time required for the physical addiction passes. On their way out of the padded room hand them the local help wanted section and remind them for the 1 millionth time that drugs are BAD! It is all the wonderfully educated, liberal, dispshits that let emotions such as compassion blind them to reality. I live and work in this town and the only people who DO NOT get a free pass are people who work their asses off and pay taxes. You can take that to the bank.

Poor drug addicts. You reap what you sew in this life, and they have sewn NOTHING but misery to all those that have ever cared about them.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I say just make all drugs legal and let nature take it's course. It would be self correcting. There are plenty of poisons to kill yourself with. They have been available for quite sometime and mankind didn't become extinct due to them, even before there were laws against them.

Laws against drugs are no different than laws against guns; can an inanimate object be inherently evil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links