9 things I wish I'd known about riding a motorcycle...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 9 things I wish I'd known about riding a motorcycle...

9 things I wish I'd known about riding a motorcycle...

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

10. Check your helmet for bees, spiders and other weird stuff before you put it on.
    11. Don't death-grip the controls.
    12. Have someplace to put all the extra stuff you will end up owning - like extra bikes and more tools than you can shake a stick at.
    13. It's ok to sing while riding,
    14. Buy a boot dryer. They're cheap and your feet will thank you.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

15. Don't forget to bring extra toilet paper when riding in the woods (or anywhere for that matter). You just never know when the urge will come over you.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm going to go ahead a disagree with number 3. Having the bike one one side is better if it falls tpward you, bit if it starts to fall the other way its on the floor. I would never push a bike that I wasn't sitting on.

Also 13. Thats the kind of stuff that gets bugs in your teeth.
    Byron and littletommy like this.

Think of the bugs as tiny powerbars packed with protein It's the gnats walking across the eyeball that are really annoying.
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Yeah, nothing like scraping dry bugs off your teeth after a ride.

I remember years ago while riding down near Mel's place, having to ride through billions of gnats for about 50 miles. I was coated in bugs head to toe, so much so, that you could hardly see any skin. It sucks trying to get them off your face-shield or glasses!!
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Oh, Geez...I could add about 100 items to that list.....but at some point it gets to be boring, or I am simply talking to the wall.

However (another word for I just have to add this one...for fun) here is one that is not only a safety item, but is pretty COOL too.

On a very hot day...a very hot ride....when you pull into a gas station, remove your helmet, and place that helmet INSIDE the ICE cooler that is outside of almost every convenience store in North America.
    Go about your business, filling the bike with gas, going to the restroom, grabbing a snack or a cold drink. Then, when you are ready to get back on the road....go to the ICE cooler, remove your helmet from the ICE cooler, and put that (now ice cold) helmet back on your head, mount the bike, and proceed on down the highway of life.

The ICE cooler will freeze all the sweat that is inside your helmet, making it VERY cold to put back on your head. This is good, as it cools the blood circulating around inside your noggin...at least for awhile.

Classic Trick Mike. I like it.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    15. If riding with MBW check to see if he shut off the gas on your bike while you went into some place and left him out there to "watch the bikes."

Also...how many of you went to the top of the article to see who wrote it when you got to the part about riding lessons from the person's boyfriend?
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-12-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    15. If riding with MBW check to see if he shut off the gas on your bike while you went into some place and left him out there to "watch the bikes."

Also...how many of you went to the top of the article to see who wrote it when you got to the part about riding lessons from the person's boyfriend?
    Crap! Now I have to go back

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Now, how many of you have done a Google image search to see what Kate looks like? I did!

Kate.jpg

Nice!

Tom
    littletommy likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links