Got another bike
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hope the TW doesn't get jealous, but I bought a project bike:

Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

The bike looks so classic and cute.

And it has knooby tires ???

They certainly can be fun bikes. I found mine especially nice around town with that step-thru frame and auto trans. Even though I was a much younger fellow, I still found long off-road trips to be punishing. In my opinion, the CT 90 & 110 had a suspension that makes the TW seem to feel like an off road magic carpet. It should be a very fun project, just don't forget to wear your 'kidney' belt .. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My plan is to use this bike (CT90) and my CT70 as runaround bikes when I retire and travel with our fifth wheel. I already carry my CT70 on the front bumper of my truck and I'm designing a carrier for the rear of my fifth wheel to carry the CT90 and two mountain bikes. I'm not planning on taking the TW because it's much heavier and I'm just looking for a couple of bikes my wife and I can run down a gravel road on or pop over for some milk or cruise the campground for some hot chicks...okay older hot chicks...
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Sweet bike.

I'm looking for a project CT110. But so far everyone selling theirs have just been too proud when it comes to price.

Mike
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Mike:

Have you read the adventures of a young English fellow who rode a CT110 (postie bike in Australia - he named it Dot) from Syndey, AU to London? It's on ADV. It's a great read.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

Syndey to London on a Moped named Dot

It's a long read, so be sure to grab a beer beforehand.
    Regards...Wes

Quote Originally Posted by vuldub View Post
    Mike:

Have you read the adventures of a young English fellow who rode a CT110 (postie bike in Australia - he named it Dot) from Syndey, AU to London? It's on ADV. It's a great read.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

Syndey to London on a Moped named Dot

It's a long read, so be sure to grab a beer beforehand.

That was a great ride report. I know he is working on a book. Don't know how far that project has gotten but if he gets it published I plan on buying it. I do go back to his RR on ADV about every 6 week to see what's going on.

That RR had a quite a following. To other members of this forum--if you have not read this RR on ADV please check it out. Very entertaining.

MIke

PS --Vuldub thanks for bring this up.
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

TW2007, How dear is too dear? I'm not sure whether I got mine posted on the old thread or not, but here's my ct110 (with the dual range tranny). I too wanted it for carrying on the motorhome hitch carrier. I drug it 4000 miles to Niagara Falls and upper Ontario this summer, and its still crying to have some of the road grit lubed away from cables etc. Its great to have a bike you can ride full throttle without endangering yourself or others.

1981 CT 110 with 1600 miles.

Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    TW2007, How dear is too dear? I'm not sure whether I got mine posted on the old thread or not, but here's my ct110 (with the dual range tranny). I too wanted it for carrying on the motorhome hitch carrier. I drug it 4000 miles to Niagara Falls and upper Ontario this summer, and its still crying to have some of the road grit lubed away from cables etc. Its great to have a bike you can ride full throttle without endangering yourself or others.

1981 CT 110 with 1600 miles.

Tom
    I learned something, I always thought the 110 did NOT come with the dual range trans. I will start looking for one now, thank you !

Boy, I would guess, to find a 110 with the duel range, you will look long and hard. My 110 did not have the duel range but seemed geared pretty low in 1st and 2ed. What I noted with the duel range on my 90's was that in low range, the gear noise got MUCH louder. Perhaps Honda used straight cut gears in the 'transfer case'. I was not inclined to use the 'low range' unless it was really needed because of the noise. I put more miles on my 110 than I have on my TW. Then again, things in my life were very different at that time. That bike was my main means of transportation. During that time in my life, I was lucky enough to transport Kimberly into the hills to do a little 'skinny dipping'. Boy that motor got hot on that trip, but then I was determined to 'make the grade'. She was a very pretty young Lady, and the memory is a sweet one even today. Being naked and sitting in the sun, nothing more. Then again, that was the time for such things. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links