Frustrated? Stressed Out? Then Destroy Something!
Close

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Jon62602
  • 2 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By phelonius
  • 2 Post By plumbstraight

Thread: Frustrated? Stressed Out? Then Destroy Something!

Frustrated? Stressed Out? Then Destroy Something!

Stumbled upon this rental service. Drive A Tank - Tank Driving, Car Crushing, Machine Gun ...
    Might be a better stress reliever than typical psychiatric counseling for about the same money. They also have some package deals allowing you to destroy something with a tank and machine gun, then bury it with a tracked excavator.
    And if you win big in Las Vegas and have a hankering to crush something with an Abrahams might I recommend:Crush A Car With A Tank! | Battlefield Vegas
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

methamphetasaur likes this.
    Jon
    2007 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content
    Tusk D Flex Handguards, ProTaper Pillow Top grips, Yamaha crossbar pad

2002 Yamaha TTR-125
    1978 Honda XL125

I can't say that I've ever run over a car with a Abrams, but I might or might not have *accidentally* knocked over half an Afgani's house with one.
    Dryden-Tdub and Fred like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well, I'm pretty sure that screamin blue-hoody boy needs a good ass-whuppin'...
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

I have never driven an Abrams but I have run over a car with an M-60 Back in 64. It left tank tread marks on the roof of the car.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure that screamin blue-hoody boy needs a good ass-whuppin'...
    You the one who's going to give it to him, huh?

Having been a platoon sgt in a tank company I have had the pleasure of training with both the M60 and the M1A1 Abrams. I like the room inside the M60, but the awesome fire control of the Abrams. I can tell you this, I can think of a lot of things I would rather do than use it as a car crusher.
    Dryden-Tdub and jtstdub like this.

The M 60s of my day were first generation. The diesels were a vast improvement over the gasoline engined M-48s but the fire controls were basically mechanically cammed
    to compute superelevation. About one RCH better than WW2 and Korea but could put a first round hit inside a 12 inch bull at 1200 meters with the tank sitting still.
    The gun and sight controls on modern M-60s are a world improved over that along with the ability to fire accurately on the move. I am certain that the Abrams are at least that and more.
    During the Gulf war, the M-60s proved themselves superior to anything they faced and the Abrams were simply bigger, faster, and a more powerful gun.
    In less than a hundred years tanks had gone from being off road mobile howitzers with direct fire capability at 5 MPH, to as fast as jeeps with tremendous range and fire power.
    War drives the motivation to invent.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    The M 60s of my day were first generation. The diesels were a vast improvement over the gasoline engined M-48s but the fire controls were basically mechanically cammed
    to compute superelevation. About one RCH better than WW2 and Korea but could put a first round hit inside a 12 inch bull at 1200 meters with the tank sitting still.
    The gun and sight controls on modern M-60s are a world improved over that along with the ability to fire accurately on the move. I am certain that the Abrams are at least that and more.
    During the Gulf war, the M-60s proved themselves superior to anything they faced and the Abrams were simply bigger, faster, and a more powerful gun.
    In less than a hundred years tanks had gone from being off road mobile howitzers with direct fire capability at 5 MPH, to as fast as jeeps with tremendous range and fire power.
    War drives the motivation to invent.
    I agree. War has made huge advances in how to kill people and how to fix the battered bodies up. Your microwave came from radar. The government had ordered thousands of the unit that makes radar work. The CEO of the company was wondering what he was going to do with the units when the gov said, we don't need them, the war is over. He had a hershey bar in his pocket and it melted. He wondered if it was because of the radar unit. He put popcorn by it and it started to pop, the humble beginning of the microwave oven.

Sponosred Links