Mothers Day for Dad
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Mothers Day for Dad

Mothers Day for Dad

My Dad has passed, but every Mothers Day I would buy him a Mothers Day card also, no gift. He was such MFer, what he deserved. How my Mother raised three boys, and put up with his drunk ass was beyond me. Remembering my mother she was wonderful, miss her everyday. For those who have your mother, treat her well, and thank her everyday. She is the reason you are here.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I lost my Mother in December of 08. Blood clot after surgery.

Guess it was the only way she could escape from that f&&king bastard of a step-father of mine.

She did not deserve a douchebag like him. I miss her every single day.

Just got back from the cemetary.

Ladies and gentlemen here, if you have your Mom in your life, you are so lucky.

You only get one Mom. Make her happy for as long as you can.

My condolences on the loss of your mothers. I sent my mother Sherries Berries "which she loves" and they are so easy to deal with. I love that company!

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful Mother in my life. Whenever I have an opportunity, I love to tell people, "My Mom Rocks!" She's my role model and my best friend. I love her to bits.

Today, I took her out the movies and early lunch. She wanted to see "The Jungle Book" and then eat at Red Lobster for her annual lobster fix. To finish the afternoon, we went shopping and I bought her a decorative wall thing (have no idea what to call it - but she wanted it, so there ya go!), and finally went along for shoe shopping. It was a great day. I'm thankful for every day we have together and dread the day she'll no longer be around.
    Hoot Gibson, grewen, jb882 and 8 others like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Not ALL Moms are great Moms. My step-father was the great one in the family. A True Man, that I respected every day. Actually fought active duty in WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
    He retired as an E-9 master Chief in the US Navy.

Sad for our family, he died at 91 years old, just a couple years ago. My "mother"...is still alive.....and she was/is the worst part of our family.

You folks that have GOOD mothers......YOU are the lucky ones.
    So many of these posts ring home for me big time. My dad did the same thing in his career and was even offered the top position of E-9 Master Chief over the Whole Navy. But he was self centered; shouldn't have ever been a father in the first place and basically; well did; destroy me before me ever setting off on my own. At 17 and 1/2 years old, he said to me as he booted me out; "See ya later, have a nice life" and away I went totally totally unprepared or taught how to deal with a single issue of real life.

I struggled badly for a few years; until a Great Man I met; simply told me Tom, you can do this; (a simple thing like changing the spark plugs in his car even) he handed me the tools; turned around and walked back into his house. Me stunned and somewhat unbelieving that I had even heard a compliment or an encouraging word; began the simple job; not wanting to disappoint him, but willing to try. That one statement, changed my life forever. Very soon I learned that I could do and accomplish anything in life I wanted too. I never once heard a thank you from my dad, an I love you, good job, an attaboy or anything; not once. What a horrible father he was. I later forgave him for what he did to me; held no grudges and went on with my; now new life. I prayed for him for decades; hoping that God would touch his life before it was too late. I don't know if he ever did though, because one day; he got up; went into the bathroom to pee and fell over dead wedging his head in between the toilet and bathtub. That was how they found him. He was a true gifted genius; but rather than set aside his loftiness and just acknowledge that God is all around you; I mean just look!!! He cared only about his own little world and himself only. I guess why I share this is because it is so important to tell your kids you love them, encourage them and teach and prepare them for life. Have you given your kids an atta boy or a I love you today? It's important; more than you think. If we don't build leaders out of our kids; we are doing; not only the kid a great disservice, but also perhaps the world itself. Do you know what "one" compliment can accomplish? I do.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-08-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling error
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

So true.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    So many of these posts ring home for me big time. My dad did the same thing in his career and was even offered the top position of E-9 Master Chief over the Whole Navy. But he was self centered; shouldn't have ever been a father in the first place and basically; well did; destroy me before me ever setting off on my own. At 17 and 1/2 years old, he said to me as he booted me out; "See ya later, have a nice life" and away I went totally totally unprepared or taught how to deal with a single issue of real life.

I struggled badly for a few years; until a Great Man I met; simply told me Tom, you can do this; (a simple thing like changing the spark plugs in his car even) he handed me the tools; turned around and walked back into his house. Me stunned and somewhat unbelieving that I had even heard a compliment or an encouragement word; began the simple job; not wanting to disappoint him, but willing to try. That one statement, changed my life forever. Very soon I learned that I could do and accomplish anything in life I wanted too. I never once heard a thank you from my dad, an I love you, good job, an attaboy or anything; not once. What a horrible father he was. I later forgave him for what he did to me; held no grudges and went on with my; now new life. I prayed for him for decades; hoping that God would touch his life before it was too late. I don't know if he ever did though, because one day; he got up; went into the bathroom to pee and fell over dead wedging his head in between the toilet and bathtub. That was how they found him. He was a true gifted genius; but rather than set aside his loftiness and just acknowledge that God is all around you; I mean just look!!! He cared only about his own little world and himself only. I guess why I share this is because it is so important to tell your kids you love them, encourage them and teach and prepare them for life. Have you given your kids an atta boy or a I love you today? It's important; more than you think. If we don't build leaders out of our kids; we are doing; not only the kid a great disservice, but also perhaps the world itself. Do you know what "one" compliment can accomplish? I do.
    littletommy likes this.

Not ALL Moms are great Moms. My step-father was the great one in the family. A True Man, that I respected every day. Actually fought active duty in WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

Sad for our family, he died at 91 years old, just a couple years ago. My "mother"...is still alive.....and she was/is the worst part of our family.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post

I struggled badly for a few years; until a Great Man I met; simply told me Tom, you can do this; (a simple thing like changing the spark plugs in his car even) he handed me the tools; turned around and walked back into his house. Me stunned and somewhat unbelieving that I had even heard a compliment or an encouraging word; began the simple job; not wanting to disappoint him, but willing to try. That one statement, changed my life forever. Very soon I learned that I could do and accomplish anything in life I wanted too. I never once heard a thank you from my dad, an I love you, good job, an attaboy or anything; not once. What a horrible father he was. I later forgave him for what he did to me; held no grudges and went on with my; now new life. I prayed for him for decades; hoping that God would touch his life before it was too late. I don't know if he ever did though, because one day; he got up; went into the bathroom to pee and fell over dead wedging his head in between the toilet and bathtub. That was how they found him. He was a true gifted genius; but rather than set aside his loftiness and just acknowledge that God is all around you; I mean just look!!! He cared only about his own little world and himself only. I guess why I share this is because it is so important to tell your kids you love them, encourage them and teach and prepare them for life. Have you given your kids an atta boy or a I love you today? It's important; more than you think. If we don't build leaders out of our kids; we are doing; not only the kid a great disservice, but also perhaps the world itself. Do you know what "one" compliment can accomplish? I do.
    Since I do not want to highjack this thread; I am going to start a new one called "Who Inspires You ???" in a few minutes and I'll share someone whom has Inspired Me for Decades. There have been several; long long long ago gone; but this man really set an example for me for which I only wish I could accomplish. I had no real father, so I had to choose my own mentors.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-09-2016 at 03:33 AM.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

My Old Man was a great guy, WWII Vet, hunter, fisherman, grease mechanic, and repaired engines on B-17 and B-29s during the war, you will never see me bash him. We didn't always agree on politics, but even with his 8th grade education, I realized later in life he had political and race baiting hacks like Sharpton and the Obama's Pegged....he died on Christmas Eve 1972 at 55 years old...much to young.

Mom on the other hand, the hard nosed Irish Catholic kept us little shits in line, and was not one to mince words or the paddle....she is where I got my independent voice and call em' like you see em' attitude....and is still going strong at 92...arriving back from the winter in Florida later today: Happy Mother's Day....{one day to late} Mom! Here We Are back in Late 1949 in front of Grandma Houseworth's place in the tiny berg of Scott, Ohio

Pat Houseworth Margaret Houseworth 1949 num 2.jpg

On a side note, if you hate and bitch about one of more of your parents....look in the F***ing Mirror and get over it....you make your own life, live it! That is not directed at anybody...good and bad parents are around, but you my friends are responsible for your own lives....they don't make you what you are
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

My mom certainly would not have made it on the worlds best mom's list when i was growing up. She treated my sister and I like we were burdens and generally treated us like crap, thank goodness for my father... My mother was very self centered and had a lot of strained relationships.

Fast forward a number of years later my dad died from brain cancer and my mother had been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I spent the last 5 years taking care of her it was very tough to deal with because she was a very bitter person. She is in the advanced stages of the disease now and I recently moved her into an assisted living memory care unit. It has been a blessing for sure, the engagement program has given her a sense of purpose and she seems very happy now. I spent some time over there for mothers day and honestly for the first time in a really long time i can say i actually enjoyed my time with her.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

No complaints from me. Both my parents were the best anyone could ever hope for......the bad parts were my own doing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links