What a waste!
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What a waste!

What a waste!

I'm sure at least 99% of those bikes were stolen and now the rightful owners have no way of getting their property back.

The criminals are not the bike owners here. THIS is the sort of thing that angers the public and is why a guy like Donald Trump is going to win the White House in a landslide;
    We are sick and tired of the government treating us like we were juvenile delinquents, that they know what is best for us and that they are outraged we are not grateful to them for all they do for us.
    The bear slayer!

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    According to a NYPD friend of mine and backed up by the local cops here, If any of the confiscated bikes show to be stolen, they are set aside as evidence.

As to the 99 percent, the NYPD guy says less than 10 percent.

Sorry to burst the bubble that all NY riders are thieving douchebags.

The cops are instructed to confiscate/impound for even minor infractions.
    Few cops actually do that, though. But there are cases where a bike is taken because someone is not wearing a DOT helmet. All to make a point and fodder for the gestapo politicians, so they can say they "did something".

All this stems from an incident where a group of douchebags (which included more than the one off duty cop they said was there) who chased down a motorist after that same motorist ran over a douchebag rider that was brake checking him. Both parties at fault, but the angry mob of bikers (douchebags) took it a bit too far.

So, it looks like a couple of bad apples spoiled the bunch of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    I'm sure at least 99% of those bikes were stolen and now the rightful owners have no way of getting their property back.

The criminals are not the bike owners here. THIS is the sort of thing that angers the public and is why a guy like Donald Trump is going to win the White House in a landslide;
    We are sick and tired of the government treating us like we were juvenile delinquents, that they know what is best for us and that they are outraged we are not grateful to them for all they do for us.
    kj7687 and ejfranz like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    there are cases where a bike is taken because someone is not wearing a DOT helmet. All to make a point and fodder for the gestapo politicians, so they can say they "did something".
    This makes my blood curdle...

King of the Anti-Fun Police!!
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

If there's one thing people in positions of power hate, it's people doing what they want to feel free. They also hate to have to work, so make blanket statements and pass ambiguous laws that work to their advantage whenever it's convenient. Thus, all bikers are bad. All guns are evil. etc...
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Back in november some thugs broke into garage and.wheeled my 02.kx 500 out the side door yes it was locked.Haven't heard anything from local police.since.and.now.I see this and.wonder if. My ride is amongst one of these.? I.have.no faith in the police.and.even.if.they didn't directly steal it,it.wouldn't suprise me if they found.it if one.of them kept.it.I hate to think like.this even.this was my dream bike I've wanted since 13 finally bought it.for 2600 at 38 3 years ago.im.still heartbroken.and pissed that people.don't wanna.work for anything anymore while.the rest.of us.kill ourselves eventually the gig is.gonna be up because these 2 world's can't work and support each other the republic is dead.Even Mr Jefferson stated this 200 plus years ago. After this debacle in NYC with bikes I somehow don't put it past them to.confiscate guns.w.impunity.
    Last edited by rebelyell; 05-18-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.

Dude, that's horrible. Hope you get your bike back.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelyell View Post
    Back in november some thugs broke into garage and.wheeled my 02.kx 500 out the side door yes it was locked.Haven't heard anything from local police.since.and.now.I see this and.wonder if. My ride is amongst one of these.? I.have.no faith in the police.and.even.if.they didn't directly steal it,it.wouldn't suprise me if they found.it if one.of them kept.it.I hate to think like.this even.this was my dream bike I've wanted since 13 finally bought it.for 2600 at 38 3 years ago.im.still heartbroken.and pissed that people.don't wanna.work for anything anymore while.the rest.of us.kill ourselves eventually the gig is.gonna be up because these 2 world's can't work and support each other the republic is dead.Even Mr Jefferson stated this 200 plus years ago. After this debacle in NYC with bikes I somehow don't put it past them to.confiscate guns.w.impunity.

484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
    That stinks. I will say that when I worked up there on detail (both NY and Newark), gangs would come out at dark and take over the streets and sidewalks with bikes and ATVs. It was nuts.
    littletommy likes this.
    "Tolerance is not the same thing as acceptance, and acceptance is not the same thing as an endorsement"

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

All I want is the bike back if they ever find it it probably will be found hacked to death
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links