any one into 1/5 gas rc car/truck or buggies?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wrench-puller
  • 1 Post By Lomax

Thread: any one into 1/5 gas rc car/truck or buggies?

any one into 1/5 gas rc car/truck or buggies?

I'm looking to get one and not sure if I go get a buggy or truck? I don't race just play in fields,gravel wooded areas etc. Then there's brand.do I go w redcat,Losi,Hpi or other? I Have a Jato and t max nitro truck but being nitro has gotten expensive I figure I go the 2 smoke way for now.

Hey rebelyell, did you purchase a new RC yet? I have run both buggy and truck but we then split the difference and when with a Sportwerk "Truggy". It is the best of both worlds and we found the Mayhem was lower center of gravity but lots of traction with its four wheel drive system. I still like my TMAXX for just messing around, but it was all modified when I bought it. Has a big block with everything changed out after that...nothing stock left now. But with its larger wheels and the two speed gear box it clocks out at 65 mph so its not something the grandsons can play with. We got into RCs when we gave up on dirt stock cars a few years back but found these little racers could eat up the bucks faster then the stock cars could. Least with the stock cars we could get used parts locally or weld/fabricate things up on the cheap. I blew my RC's rear diff and it was $125 for a new crown and pinion to rebuild it. We only ran the gas trucks but I have now heard that the electric is the only way to go as the brushless motors mated with the new battery tech can out preform over the gas with out all the fuss. No more temp guns and carb settings, no more starter boxes and fuel cans. We had our fun but I still miss that "on-board" feel of the stock car, the RC racing never did it for me. As all the guys up here are getting older they are now building rock crawlers with electrics for power. As one guy told me, he can sit in his lawn chair at the campground with a pile of rocks in front of him and play till his hearts content...no noise and no fuss. I would suggest finding a local RC group and see if you can take someone machine for a test run, then find what works for you and start building / modify it till your bored with it all. Not sure if Sportwerks even makes the Mayhem anymore, but I was very happy with it till I hit the curb at full trottle, but for just playing around you would love a Truggy set up. Good luck and post us a pic when you purchase one.
    littletommy likes this.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

No I haven't bought anything yet. Several years ago I cracked up my Jato 3 times down in south Carolina at my cousins it costed me 300 bucks to fix my car.I said damn ya know I could of bought a hooker for that cousin was in general hysterics.laughter ensued. I've always loved the old tamiya hornet as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I Have a couple of T-Maxx's and HPI MT2 nitro trucks. Read a little bit about Losi on the 5th scale side and they have a few models that are either already released or are coming soon. horizonhobby.com has their current lineup and some up and coming models. I take a good look at different ones myself and compare features, upgrades and replacement part cost into the field of choices, since you already own a Jato, you know how pricey these little guys can get
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I Have a couple of T-Maxx's and HPI MT2 nitro trucks. Read a little bit about Losi on the 5th scale side and they have a few models that are either already released or are coming soon. horizonhobby.com has their current lineup and some up and coming models. I take a good look at different ones myself and compare features, upgrades and replacement part cost into the field of choices, since you already own a Jato, you know how pricey these little guys can get
    Lomax, tell that Mandy to pop in and say hi once in awhile!!! You guys doing ok??
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sponosred Links