A final thought...
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: A final thought...

A final thought...

After reading about bad neighbors, people stealing, and well doing my job. I look at this world as a sad thing... There are people that think that if they do not get caught it is ok. Now I know some of it is just kids being dumb, but more often then not they do not have real consequences for their actions. After not getting some sort of sanction time and again, they end up in place like where I work. Some get the hint some do not and most are some where in the middle. Then they start seeing that oh my goodness I am not special after all and Prison sucks. This has been shown to society time after time... and yet we keep doing the same damn thing over and over. For those that say that we should not be so strict on these kids they will grow out of it... Guess what some do the rest end up in human zoo. I am getting tired of people and the same weak excuses trying to say that is not little Johnny's fault he lit the cat on fire. Do what my Dad did, make him dig ditches until he is so tired that he can't think day after day. Sorry if I am in a foul mood tonight. I can only swallow so much stupid in a day and I am venting to you folks. Hope you all have a great sleep and a perfect morning.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    After reading about bad neighbors, people stealing, and well doing my job. I look at this world as a sad thing... There are people that think that if they do not get caught it is ok. Now I know some of it is just kids being dumb, but more often then not they do not have real consequences for their actions. After not getting some sort of sanction time and again, they end up in place like where I work. Some get the hint some do not and most are some where in the middle. Then they start seeing that oh my goodness I am not special after all and Prison sucks. This has been shown to society time after time... and yet we keep doing the same damn thing over and over. For those that say that we should not be so strict on these kids they will grow out of it... Guess what some do the rest end up in human zoo. I am getting tired of people and the same weak excuses trying to say that is not little Johnny's fault he lit the cat on fire. Do what my Dad did, make him dig ditches until he is so tired that he can't think day after day. Sorry if I am in a foul mood tonight. I can only swallow so much stupid in a day and I am venting to you folks. Hope you all have a great sleep and a perfect morning.
    I hope your day is better than yesterday! Our jobs take us to different places and I find myself on three different college campuses most days. Unfortunately, I think you have infinite job security with the way our youth are being educated. The day's of our youth believing that they control their own successes and failures are well behind us. They are being told from cradle to college that a small percentage of our society have an unfair amount of influence over their lives. As such, revolting against the perceived injustices seems more important to their daily lives than personal growth and accountability for their own decisions. It is my personal belief that because of these indoctrination centers our youth will fail to succeed to the same degree as the immigrant students from Asia and India. I am tired as hell so I apologize in advance if this is less than coherent.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Sounds like the job you have is diminishing your faith in mankind. There are a few of us here who did the prison thing and will certainly understand where your frustration is coming from. There was a time when I always blamed it on the lack of a family structure, no father image in the picture and kids left to fend for themselves. These days I think in some districts it matters not if a father is there because a lot of them are just as tainted as the children they bring into this world. Seems like no training from a father figure is about the same as bad training from a useless POS father. It is a generational thing and it is coming on strong after a few generations of entitlements. No need to do it yourself when the government will teach you from an early age that they will do it for you.

My wife works in a business that has all sorts of beginner type jobs from $8.25 to $12.00/hr. The town has an abundance of beginners on the streets, 18-24 doing nothing but they can't fill the positions. Many in this age group have never had a real job and simply don't want one. When they do apply they can't pass the drug screening and some simply can't fill out the simple employment application. Others who do get past the first few hurdles and get hired don't last long because they have no work ethics and can't make it to work on time or call out sick in the first few weeks but they all want $15/hr. and our government thinks this is a good option. What good is free college when the kid was fast tracked through HS and is not college material? My wife has kids quit the job because they are not allowed to have their cell phones on the floor with them or they have to cover tattoos and remove facial ornaments. I am sure this is going on all over this country and we are raising a generation of idiots but the good in all of this is that those kids who do have a proper upbringing do have plenty of opportunities to excel. You happen to have picked a job that charges you with fixing stupid or dealing with it on a daily basis. I did it for 27 years and the only rewards come at the end of each month when my pension check gets deposited in my bank.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Divide and Conquer....

This is the seed planted by the far left and by extension, the fool in the White House...blame everything on the 1% and Bush....meanwhile the sickness of Hollywood, Pop Culture, and the Media, carry water for those fools that actually promote that crap...

We have become a sick, sad, society....and I doubt if this Republic can be cured...we will go the way of the Roman and British Empires....to the dust bin of history.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I think we would all be better off if we had NO faith in mankind. Yeah, I know people do good sometimes for no reason, but the vast majority of mankind is not interested in being good. It is primarily fear of punishment which holds back the floodgates. Reviewing history, it seems that nothing has changed. There is no evolution, and no devolution, just restrained badness, dare I call it evil. As I look deep into my own heart, (and I'm a really nice guy, really...) even when I am acting "good", it is more often than not some alternative motive. Like seeking approval, hoping for a return on investment, or just plain wanting to look good. That is not the same as actually "being good".

And this is where God comes into the equation. If you believe in him, and you believe he is good, and you believe you will be called into account for your actions, either now or for eternity; that is a tremendous restraining influence.

PS. What about the evil done in God's name, or because of religion? Because the question will be asked... To ask that question, one must also ask what about all the good done in God's name, and what about all the evil that came out of secular humanistic thought, ie. Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot.

Don't give in... or give up..

Quote Originally Posted by MSWRC View Post
    I think we would all be better off if we had NO faith in mankind. Yeah, I know people do good sometimes for no reason, but the vast majority of mankind is not interested in being good. It is primarily fear of punishment which holds back the floodgates. Reviewing history, it seems that nothing has changed. There is no evolution, and no devolution, just restrained badness, dare I call it evil. As I look deep into my own heart, (and I'm a really nice guy, really...) even when I am acting "good", it is more often than not some alternative motive. Like seeking approval, hoping for a return on investment, or just plain wanting to look good. That is not the same as actually "being good".

And this is where God comes into the equation. If you believe in him, and you believe he is good, and you believe you will be called into account for your actions, either now or for eternity; that is a tremendous restraining influence.

PS. What about the evil done in God's name, or because of religion? Because the question will be asked... To ask that question, one must also ask what about all the good done in God's name, and what about all the evil that came out of secular humanistic thought, ie. Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot.

Oh no, having no faith in mankind is not the same as giving up. Rather it is freeing, as my faith is placed elsewhere.

Only when the pacifists are deleted we will not change. Accountability has to be reinstated for each and every person. Time to bring back some serious time for thieves, drug pushers, and the like. The welfare system is broke and what the average hard worker can't afford to keep feeding them with his paycheck. I think anyone on welfare should have to take a drug test each month to get paid.

Too many special self interest groups that control the direction of the masses. Such as no God in school, no pledge of allegiance, we are slowly becoming just another flock of sheep. Wish I had the answer to turn this country around.

We have to be the laughing stock of the world with what we have for choices to head this country in the next 4 yrs, it is a sham. One has no experience in politics, the other a criminal as far as I am concerned. Imagine having her as your commander in chief when you need reinforcements for help, remember Bengazi? Having her in testimony slamming her fists on the table and saying, What does it matter now? It sure matters to the wives and children that lost they're husbands and dads.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    We have to be the laughing stock of the world with what we have for choices to head this country in the next 4 yrs, it is a sham.
    PURPLE... you're up!

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Wish I had the answer to turn this country around
    You have a good start to a solution in the first sentence of your post.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links