Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Trapping bother you?

Trapping bother you?

Looking for feedback ..

Nope.
    GuzziTWTom49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I trapped my wife.

She'll tell you otherwise, (she trapped me)

I trapped raccoon, musk rat, coyote, beaver, (not to be confused with wife mentioned above), and a few minks, martins, and marmots. Wish I had a couple of the hides now. Looking to get a good beaver cape. Lately I got a few nuisance permits but the hides were spring summer, Not the best, summer.

Young mans hobby. Lot of work.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Nope, does it bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Nope, does it bother you?
    He is a trapper.
    GuzziTWTom49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    He is a trapper.
    I know...

Just another way to harvest critters.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I use to trap rabbits in the box traps my grandfather made for me. Karate chop them on the back of the neck, skin em and eat em

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    Depends on the type of trap, how humane it is. Not those limb crushing claw traps.

Travis is a responsible trapper I'm sure, and it is a necessity for maintaing irrigation district systems so no complaints from me.
    As long as one lays out the sets responsibly, runs one's trapline frequently to release unwanted by-catch like pet dogs, has all traps with appropriate I.D.s engraved and conforms with all applicable laws it is should be acceptable.
    Occasionally irresponsible stuff happens, like any other activity the individuals can give it a good, or bad name. I had problems one year with a trapper who laid out a trapline and seemingly never came back. He did it on the California side of the border too where all trapping is now illegal. Caught a cougar hunter's dog in a jaw trap for a week while we had 6 feet of snow (that was an interesting rescue using tracking collar after the storm) found 4 beaver sets in the creek next spring, and Betty Boop's foot peg and my booted foot got painfully snagged in his bobcat snare set accross one of my trails. Kind of put me off permitting trapping anywhere near any built up area.
    Personally I like seeing the occasional beaver, mink, bobcat and martin running around wild more than as trim on a women's coat.
    I don't see the old timer cougar hunter anymore. For several years his exhausted dogs would come out of the hills and show up at my place, always coming from the California direction where mountain lion hunting is illegal. I'ld feed and water his hounds then call him to come pick them up. Occasionally he'll come hiking out and show off a puma pelt he always claimed he took on the Nevada side. I never reported him figuring my family and pets were a little safer, it was an ethical compromise.
    Last edited by Fred; 05-22-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links