So I get home from work...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: So I get home from work...

So I get home from work...

So I got home from work about 30 minutes ago. Do you know what I came home to? Well I tell you what a sink full of dishes thats what. Now as I am eating fresh baked blue berry cobble with homemade ice cream. Of course I did just have to pull bread from the oven. Then my Wife brazen as can be said to have a beer and relax a little...

I have got to admit my marriage may have issues, but damn if I don't have it good. That woman is a firecracker! She renders her own lard so that she can make better tortillas and pie crust. Oh and for the record because she did not have to "work today" She also spent all day out in the garden weeding and the like. I for the life of me do not know how she squeezed all that in while I was gone for a little over 8.5 hours. Hey guys how do your Lady Loves stack up? (Yes I am bragging here!)
    Fred, littletommy, GaryL and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    So I got home from work about 30 minutes ago. Do you know what I came home to? Well I tell you what a sink full of dishes thats what. Now as I am eating fresh baked blue berry cobble with homemade ice cream. Of course I did just have to pull bread from the oven. Then my Wife brazen as can be said to have a beer and relax a little...

I have got to admit my marriage may have issues, but damn if I don't have it good. That woman is a firecracker! She renders her own lard so that she can make better tortillas and pie crust. Oh and for the record because she did not have to "work today" She also spent all day out in the garden weeding and the like. I for the life of me do not know how she squeezed all that in while I was gone for a little over 8.5 hours. Hey guys how do your Lady Loves stack up? (Yes I am bragging here!)
    Being retired while my wife continues to work more than a full time job I must admit I am up side down on this. So now I get all the Wifely duties along with all the Manly duties I already covered and for the life of me I have no idea how it all got done while we were both working more than full time jobs. It has become perfectly clear now that my woman was and still is a freaking machine. Even being completely retired and staying at home I can't get it all done without her and have to pace myself. I need a full time cook, full time house maid, laundry service, lawn service, Gardener, part time mechanic and a very large bank account so I can pay the house painter, driveway sealer guy, window washer and all the other services that just always got done somehow while I was working 12 hour days. Now I finally know why my garage and work shop always look like a cyclone hit them because I am forever half way through a dozen different projects that are forever on going. Just getting away from here for a weeks vacation means I have to do double time for a week before and the week after.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Well Logan, I don't stack up at all.

Leftovers for dinner while i finished painting the porch a green that somehow clashes with grass and leaves. How is that even possible?

Plus we took a 3 or so hour ride over Starr Mountain mid morning into the afternoon, which was gorgeous, but that meant leftovers for lunch too.

On a positive note there are no more leftovers and nothing went to waste, so there is something to be said for that.

On a not so positive note, I may not be able to live with porch color so I'd better cook a big batch of something next weekend.

There was no cobbler, no ice cream and no rest as we were both working away at household upkeep past sunset, and he had to bring me the beer, bless him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I Love My Wife... and I let everyone know as I drive down the road. If you want to show her how much you care, buy one of these stickers and put it on your rear window.
    I'm also amazed how much my wife gets done in a days time. When I get home from work she has dinner ready and boy can she cook. Two or three times a month I take her out for dinner. Every once in awhile she will go out for the evening with her sisters, I would tell my kids "it's fend for yourself night" lol
    Marian is a full time hospice nurse an gets home around three o'clock to finish up her computer work.

image.jpeg
    Last edited by TopPredator; 05-23-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Some of us can't wait to get some time away from our significant others while some of us can't get enough time to spend with them. There is no one in this world I would rather hang out with than my wife and I feel real sorry for those who have a lesser relationship. Getting away is great but I am always thrilled to be heading home where my heart is.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

^^^ +1 ^^^ Priceless

I feel like i am truly a lucky guy. My girlfriend is amazing, she does all of the aforementioned things and then some. The biggest thing of all tho is just being there for me when i was dealing with a very hard situation caring for my mother. My mother has alzheimers and was a very difficult person to deal with for the last 5 years. Every person has different changes with this horrible disease and for my mom she was a ball of hate and anger. My mom is in an assisted living memory care unit now but for the last 5 years she lived with me and it was rough, the last two years especially bad. If it was not for my girl i don't know how i ever would have made it to this point, i'm still surprised she didn't bail.

OH, and she also rides a TW!!!!
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

24 years married, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I was at an engineering fair once, where there was a Lockheed-Martin engineer telling high school kids about why you want to be an engineer, of all things, when he broke into a little advice about life. Basically he said, you can always change your job, you can always change your major, you can always go back to school to learn a new skill. None of those are really that big a deal to change, but changing your spouse is a big deal. He went on to recommend that they put far more effort into choosing a spouse than anything else they ever do on the planet.

Really good advice. I now tell my kids that all the time. Pick well, be choosy, and don't hurry, seek good council and pick a woman like your mom, and to the girls, pick a man like... their Poppy. ;-)

Keep her on a TW JB so she can't get too far away!

Marry a woman like my mom! Not a freaking chance but I do envy those who had great moms. I just figure I am a lucky man because she ls able to put up with me and all my quirks, hobbies and flaws. It would be nice if my wife were more active in stuff like MCs and fishing but it works great just the way it is and if I say I want to go she just asks what to pack and if I need to take a lunch along. She is always telling me I should take a fishing trip with my buddies or go do something like a Moab trip but I really rather would stay closer to home and not leave her alone for too long. Picking a life mate wisely is the very best advice any of us will ever get or give. Mistakes are costly in this regard so ask me how I know. 30 years with the same woman and there might be grand total of about an hour or so I would trade.

GaryL

Unfortunately I cannot add to this thread because I have no wife.

But I could tell you about my new ChihuaWeeeeeee!!!!

She's in charge of the whole house already...

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links