Gardening
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Gardening

Gardening

Garden is planted. Is only a about 20X30 or so but took 1hr55min to get in. I am thinking of extending the highbar from 6ft to 8 so the deer won't wreak havoc in it. Venison does taste good though doesn't it.

I did take caution tape around the top to flop in the breeze, but I am sure they won't take the hint.

Now if those showers will pick back up for a soaking things will be on the way.

I'm already in full bloom with Strawberries... getting about a dozen a day or more already now... It's going to be a good year for strawberries... My early start paid off this year.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Im planning on getting mine going tonight. My garden is ~20x30 as well and i always do well with it. Deer are not so much pf a problem for me as the damn woodchucks are.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What else ya' growin' up in there, Tiny Tom?
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I'm already in full bloom with Strawberries... getting about a dozen a day or more already now... It's going to be a good year for strawberries... My early start paid off this year.
    Last edited by Darth; 05-23-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    What else ya' growin' up in there, Tiny Tom?
    We have an "Early Girl" tomato plant; a "Yellow Cherry" tomato plant and a "Sweet 100" cherry tomato plant.

And lots and lots and lots of strawberries...

*highly recommend the "sweet 100's" if you've never tried one...
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

My Wife's Garden is Huge and we are in full swing... I don't have time to list it all but as I have to go to that four letter place (WORK!) Be well all.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    My Wife's Garden is Huge and we are in full swing... I don't have time to list it all but as I have to go to that four letter place (WORK!) Be well all.
    Careful out there Gabe; have a good day brother...

13 tomato plants, two rows of peas, cucumbers, squash, pumpkin, carrots, flowers,cabbage, just a mish mosh of things to watch grow. Will be our first garden together since we were teenagers living at home. My sister is great to have here with me. She gets excited to see the tomatoes coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    We have an "Early Girl" tomato plant; a "Yellow Cherry" tomato plant and a "Sweet 100" cherry tomato plant.

And lots and lots and lots of strawberries...

*highly recommend the "sweet 100's" if you've never tried one...
    The sweet 100's are awesome, I plant those every year. I also like the early girls a lot. I also plant better boy beefsteak tomatoes and Roma's as well.
    I have 28 plants going in this year as well as peppers, acorn, butternut and green and yellow squash, bush blue lake green beans, Kentucky wonder green beans, peas, kale and some basil and parsley.

I do a lot of tomatoes and we make purée out of them for spaghetti sauce and chili and the like.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    My better half does the gardening. I do not have a green thumb. I have a killer instinct. She keeps me away from the plants. MBW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links