Today's thought...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Today's thought...

Today's thought...

So I have been thinking a lot about this. I think that too many people believe there are no such thing as monsters. I have to disagree. The problem is that the monsters look just like everyday folks. Now this is not coming from a dark place, very much the opposite, I want people to educate themselves about who and what is living in the neighbor hoods around us. These thoughts started when I was talking to a young officer (as a Sergeant we are supposed to go over a task map with new hires) and he had the rose color glasses on and said something along the lines of, "These guys just made a mistake. They aren't bad people." And to a degree he is right, we were in minimum and all that, but this might be me looking at the world as I have lived it. I don't know if I gave him the right advice by saying that, "Sure some are folks that made a bad decision after one too many rounds. But most in this Prison (Washington State Penitentiary is the end of the road prison.) Are the harden inmate. We house death row, extreme mental health, and the hard core bangers that hope to die by the sword." Maybe I could have said it in a way that didn't wash off the innocence of that kid, but I don't think it is right to live in a world were you don't know who is living around us. You can go to any sheriff department's web site and look who might be a danger to your kids or spouse. Predators don't just target kids. Some like to go after adult males you just never hear about it.

I am not saying that you have to pack a gun everywhere or that you need to be looking for the murder in the next room, but what is wrong with a realistic thought that there are bad people. And they come from all walks of life and are in every race, religion, and creed. So be aware of the monsters in this world and take care of your families, friends, TW's and yourselves. With that in mind be well and enjoy the beauty that life does provide you with. And again this is not me being angry, it is just a thought of the day.

Agree wholeheartedly!!!
    littletommy and akalogan like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Thank you for that.
    akalogan and littletommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No Thanks to you folks that give people a place to clarify their thoughts.

I’m the president of large gun club and responsible for a 15 acre shooting range. In that position I work closely with the local law enforcement agencies that use our range for qualification and training. I hear on a regular basis about the things that happen in the streets and remote areas of our county.

Occasionally the sheriff department’s SWAP work crew, that allows prisoners to do work outside the jail under the supervision of a deputy, will come to the range and clear foliage. They like to ‘brag’ about the criminal situations they’ve been involved in to whoever will listen and most of it is eye opening to say the least.

Bottom line, I agree whole heartedly with akalogan. There is some really sick stuff that goes on out there and you have to be aware and not live in a naïve bubble.

If you believe in Good, then in some way, you believe that Evil exists too. (no matter which religion you subscribe to)

Evil is real, be prepared.

I'm heading to Walmart now, hope I dont encounter any Evil - wish me luck!
    Last edited by 1911garand; 05-25-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Quote Originally Posted by 1911garand View Post
    If you believe in Good, then in some way, you believe that Evil exists too. (no matter which religion you subscribe to)

Don't worry Bro' The sun is up... The Wacko-doodles don't come out until around 10PM.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Our local Walmart has a place behind it called "the devils play ground". It's a place where people who can't live off the grid but don't want to be part of society like to hide out. Some local reporters were going to spend a few weeks trying to live there and do a write up for the local news paper. They didn't last two days and had to leave in fear for their lives.

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911garand View Post

Monster Exhibit A....
    d28345f4a6a60bc14f38ce96d222395c.jpg

Exhibit B
    801bdc4abd269f8450fc55be4f418c62.jpg

And finally Exhibit C from my home state..
    warren_ass.jpg
    Last edited by jb882; 05-25-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Beeline and GaryL like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    Don't worry Bro' The sun is up... The Wacko-doodles don't come out until around 10PM.
    It was my lunch break here in MN - around noon. The strange folks were out in full force.

I made it back - no evil encountered...that I know of. Got some snacks / Gatorade for the little league team - after game treat.

Good Luck!
    Beeline likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links