• 6 Post By TopPredator
  • 5 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 2 Post By JustPassinThru
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 2 Post By Xracer
  • 3 Post By TopPredator

Thread: Rolling Thunder Washington DC

Rolling Thunder Washington DC

My son Dustin and I are currently in DC for the Rolling Thunder memorial ride. We're not riding tomorrow's event but we are honoring the veterans today.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Freedom is not Free...and boy is it evident when I walked the Vietnam Memorial. 58,315 names according to a volunteer I spoke with by the wall. Every year names are added to the wall and that don't include those who died from Agent Orange.

To all that served our country...I want to Thank You.
    Rick

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Last edited by TopPredator; 05-28-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Let's not all forget what Memorial Day is dedicated to. It's amazing how many people have no clue..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Let's not all forget what Memorial Day is dedicated to. It's amazing how many people have no clue..
    They have no clue....about a LOT of things.

I joined the Navy to serve my country; but this is no longer my country. Just as the elites urinate on the sacrifice of those of us who served...as they lead the sheeple into spitting on the memories and principles of the Founding of this country...so, too, do I completely reject them; the bureaucratic tyranny they're creating; their insane remaking of social customs; their sexualization of children with the hope that it will lead to sexual anarchy as they become adults. Which it probably will.

With young people addicted to mindless sex, and with abortion easy and surely, in the near future, free...with the economy in such shambles that having children is economically impossible without a government stipend...and with government social edicts that make being a male head of household a legally risky position...with all that, there WILL BE NO middle-class children. Nor any marriage - now "marriage" is two gay boyos with a jar of Vaseline.

There will be NOTHING but GOVERNMENT - and government dependency. And us nasty pink-skinned Teabaggers will die off.

Actually I don't think it will get that far. As a backup, our alien President has given the theocratic lunatics in Iran the ability and the money to make nuclear weapons. I'd say that inside of ten years, and probably less than five...we'll be hit and our world will be changed forever.

Maybe, in the end, for the better. If it's that colony of madmen on the Potomac that gets hit, it will effectively liberate rational people from their deranged commissars. But times are gonna be VERY hard, no matter how you slice it.

That's why this Navy vet won't be remembering Memorial Day. Too painful; too fraught with the pain of what could have been, and the fear of what's coming.
    rebelyell and GaryL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    They have no clue....about a LOT of things.

I joined the Navy to serve my country; but this is no longer my country. Just as the elites urinate on the sacrifice of those of us who served...as they lead the sheeple into spitting on the memories and principles of the Founding of this country...so, too, do I completely reject them; the bureaucratic tyranny they're creating; their insane remaking of social customs; their sexualization of children with the hope that it will lead to sexual anarchy as they become adults. Which it probably will.

With young people addicted to mindless sex, and with abortion easy and surely, in the near future, free...with the economy in such shambles that having children is economically impossible without a government stipend...and with government social edicts that make being a male head of household a legally risky position...with all that, there WILL BE NO middle-class children. Nor any marriage - now "marriage" is two gay boyos with a jar of Vaseline.

There will be NOTHING but GOVERNMENT - and government dependency. And us nasty pink-skinned Teabaggers will die off.

Actually I don't think it will get that far. As a backup, our alien President has given the theocratic lunatics in Iran the ability and the money to make nuclear weapons. I'd say that inside of ten years, and probably less than five...we'll be hit and our world will be changed forever.

Maybe, in the end, for the better. If it's that colony of madmen on the Potomac that gets hit, it will effectively liberate rational people from their deranged commissars. But times are gonna be VERY hard, no matter how you slice it.

That's why this Navy vet won't be remembering Memorial Day. Too painful; too fraught with the pain of what could have been, and the fear of what's coming.
    This USN Vet agrees with much of what you said except I will still honor those who have fallen on Memorial day. My biggest regret in life as you proclaim things might come to is that I am getting too old to enjoy the fun when the SHTF if it ever gets that far while I am still here. Me and the wife drove around all day yesterday checking out yard sales, did about 150 local miles and I was stunned to see just how many idiots have Bernie bumper and yard signs. I did get a little thrill up my leg on one road that had a whole neighborhood yard sale going on. Lots of good stuff at all the nice homes and lots of people at the sales until I pulled up to one driveway and saw a Bernie sign in the yard and no customers milling about. I backed out and moved along to the next one up the road only to find a bunch of guys laughing it up as I pulled in. As we walked up the home owner still laughing said you are number 14 to me. Not being in the loop I asked what that meant? He said you saw the Bernie sign and just pulled back out like most of these other folks did, Go Trump!

GaryL
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I've been there many times and each time I'm humbled by the Wall. It's also very moving to see vets now old and grey kneeling down and crying over the names of friends who did not make it back.
    JerseyJeeper and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    I've been there many times and each time I'm humbled by the Wall. It's also very moving to see vets now old and grey kneeling down and crying over the names of friends who did not make it back.

It is sad to see the grief in their eyes. Carrying those images of war through life must be overwhelming. I pray for all that have served in war.

Sponosred Links