Open carry or not?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Open carry or not?

Open carry or not?

I, as probably most of the members on this site have a concealed carry permit. Recently in my part of Virginia I am seeing a bit more of Open Carry which is quite legal in Virginia though you wouldn't have a clue if you were Northern Va. whatever types. My question is: Should I start to carry "Open" or should I stay "Concealed". Interested in your feedback.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

I've always been told, by folks who know, "Never show your hand." Keep it concealed. If you're out walking your own land / place, or if you're hiking in the wilderness, open carry is good, quicker to get to if you need it. JMHO m.

Do what you wish if it is legal.

I do NOT open carry. Being a really handsome fella, I draw WAY too much attention without my 1911 showing off its butt.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Keep and Conceal....the less you are noticed the better...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by mhomadness View Post
    I've always been told, by folks who know, "Never show your hand." Keep it concealed. If you're out walking your own land / place, or if you're hiking in the wilderness, open carry is good, quicker to get to if you need it. JMHO m.
    Appreciate and this is kinda what I'm thinking, but with the way shit is going I'm not quite as sure as before.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

I'm of the "whatever floats your boat" opinion on this one. If it's legal and you want to show off what you got then by all means show it off.
    I'm not too freaked out if I see a person packing their gun on their hip. I do get a little panicky if they have a mask on and they are literally carrying their gun into the bank and such....
    Just this last weekend when The Admiral and I were out riding we stopped to open a gate and some folks in a truck came up behind us and the gal got out to close the gate for us....I didn't notice she was packing but The Admiral did......I was too in awe of her fiery red hair to notice her big gun strapped to her hip.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    This is like getting out of a pool in a speedo or showing your car with an open hood. There is nothing more to see...now what. Stay concealed. MBW

I suppose I should keep my eyes at...eye level and then I would have noticed she had fiery red hair. Instead, I'm look'in below to see what kind of heat she was pack'in! (Forgive me Father for I have sinned...)

I'm in the don't need to show off and keep it concealed boat. However, it doesn't bother me either way and I know we live in the wild wild west but it's still strange to see a gun strapped on their hip in a store.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by mhomadness View Post
    Everything you need to know is posted there by mho.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

Pancho was a bandit boy, horses fast as polished steel
    He wore his gun outside his pants, for all the honest world to fear.
    Pancho met his match you know
    in a desert down in Mexico
    Nobody heard his dying words, But that's the way it goes.
    Phelonius

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links