Tire slash
Close
         
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Tire slash

  1. #1
    Senior Member plumbstraight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Montesano, Washington
    Posts
    2,718

    Tire slash

    Had a tire slashed on my 1T dually. Don't know what enjoyment folks get out of doing something like this.

    Started looking for tires, oh my! They were worn down thankfully, but have to replace all as one would wear bad with the other three not being the same dia.

    As the ones on my jeep are the same rim wise, I am cheaping out a bit by using them on the truck and will replace with 7.00 16 military tires. Will give the jeep a bit more style anyway. I hardly use it on the highway and haven't had it off road at all since the rebuild.jeep 003.jpg

  2. #2
    Super Moderator JerseyJeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NJ Shore / Pine Barrens
    Posts
    3,880
    Love those jeeps! NICE One!

    Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Had a tire slashed on my 1T dually. Don't know what enjoyment folks get out of doing something like this.

    Started looking for tires, oh my! They were worn down thankfully, but have to replace all as one would wear bad with the other three not being the same dia.

    As the ones on my jeep are the same rim wise, I am cheaping out a bit by using them on the truck and will replace with 7.00 16 military tires. Will give the jeep a bit more style anyway. I hardly use it on the highway and haven't had it off road at all since the rebuild.jeep 003.jpg

  3. #3
    Senior Member evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodland, California
    Posts
    2,126
    a few months ago had some knucklehead walk down our street and slash tires on about 20 cars. Lucky for me that he did it on opposite side so mine were spared......A few of the cars sat for weeks before getting new tires. Not sure if they caught the A##hole. Nice Jeep!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member LuvNot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    927
    Why do people have to be self righteous jerks?
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

  6. #5
    Senior Member Kasky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    118
    ....................
    Last edited by Kasky; 06-24-2016 at 04:38 PM.

  7. #6
    Senior Member plumbstraight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Montesano, Washington
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasky View Post
    Trail cams. Cheap and easy.
    I agree, they are going up. Even with those the cops don't do much. We caught a couple doing bad deeds with one. Took the new battery out of my excavator, stole some ornemental trees, and all her garden tools. Court has been postponed several times. We get served with notice to show for court or get a warrant for our arrest by the prosecutor only to be put off again and again thereby screwing up our calendar while the perpetrator sits back in his easychair. Hopefully he will get his due.

    Had one get caught red handed while driving my stolen 1t 4x4, seven days, what a joke.

  8. #7
    Senior Member akalogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    3 hours south of LittleTommy
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I agree, they are going up. Even with those the cops don't do much. We caught a couple doing bad deeds with one. Took the new battery out of my excavator, stole some ornemental trees, and all her garden tools. Court has been postponed several times. We get served with notice to show for court or get a warrant for our arrest by the prosecutor only to be put off again and again thereby screwing up our calendar while the perpetrator sits back in his easychair. Hopefully he will get his due.

    Had one get caught red handed while driving my stolen 1t 4x4, seven days, what a joke.
    In the end I believe that every person will answer for their actions one way or another.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Dryden-Tdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dryden NY
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    In the end I believe that every person will answer for their actions one way or another.
    If everybody truly believed this the world would be a much different and much better place. Removing the Ten Commandments from schools and other public facilities has not created a better society.


    Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

    Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator littletommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    17,282
    Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    In the end I believe that every person will answer for their actions one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    If everybody truly believed this the world would be a much different and much better place. Removing the Ten Commandments from schools and other public facilities has not created a better society.


    Tom
    You can count on it.

    Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)

    27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment...
    akalogan and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

    Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

  11. #10
    Senior Member mhomadness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boonville, No.-Calif.
    Posts
    1,357
    A group of cars having their tires slashed sounds like malicious behavior usually perpetrated by teens or young adults. A tire slashed on a single vehicle would appear to be targeted... A childish act.

    Cameras will help, at least it will give you an idea if you have badly acting kids around, or a childish acting adult? m.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Nitro Heads Slash Cut down exhaust for sale, special offer
    By Mame Shiba in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:03 PM
  2. FS: CO - Shinko SR244 front tire and Bridgestone TW34 rear tire
    By Nicholast in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 10:02 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 10:36 AM
  4. rear tire change...surface rust...tire lube?
    By blackmouthcur in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 09:53 AM