Protecting Confederate statues etc. from being removed erased from history
Close

Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By dogonit
  • 2 Post By upnovr
  • 1 Post By akalogan
  • 3 Post By Fred

Thread: Protecting Confederate statues etc. from being removed erased from history

Protecting Confederate statues etc. from being removed erased from history

Top Predator on one thread mentioned camping up at Gettysburg and how some might be interested. I live near Appomattox Ct. House and I go to the battlefield/surrender site on a regular basis as not only is it a beautiful national park but a wonderful place to reflect on our countries history. What I have a great animosity to is the forces that are trying to erase history by pulling down Confederate Statues and making the people of that day abide by our rules and "understandings" as is dictated today. If we allow history to be completely rewritten then we don't deserve to worry about the outcome. Nuff said.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

I'm still mad that TV Land took Dukes of Hazzard off the air because of the flag. There wasn't one racist moment in the 7 years of the show. Why punish innocent fans of the show? Isn't America a place where you're only punished if you did something wrong?
    I suppose the next step is to rename Washington DC because George Washington owned slaves. And if you don't agree to the name change you'll be labeled a racist.
    Last edited by Cygnus; 06-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I'm still mad that TV Land took Dukes of Hazzard off the air because of the flag. There wasn't one racist moment in the 7 years of the show. Why punish innocent fans of the show? Isn't America a place where you're only punished if you did something wrong?
    I suppose the next step is to rename Washington DC because George Washington owned slaves. And if you don't agree to the name change you'll be labeled a racist.
    Well Cygnus, if we don't watch out it will come to that. Be assured. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of PC Think.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You must never HIDE from history. Living in Georgia in the sixties I was witness to horrible thing's I wish to forget but hope I never do. Reminds me of the things that must never be repeated. Same for a Confederate Flag or Statue. May that flag forever fly on the historical battlefield where so many fought and died to shape our Still Great Nation. But over a State Building or school etc is not the place.
    Last edited by upnovr; 06-08-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    littletommy and akalogan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by upnovr View Post
    You must never HIDE from history. Living in Georgia in the sixties I was witness to horrible thing's I wish to forget but hope I never do. Reminds me of the things that must never be repeated. Same for a Confederate Flag or Statue. May that flag forever fly on the historical battlefield where so many fought and died to shape our Still Great Nation. But over a State Building or school etc is not the place.
    My favorite quote is, "Don't regret you mistakes, learn from them."
    littletommy likes this.

Dogonit it's to late for two of our Confederate statues in the inner city. They were brought to light during the Freddy Gray riots and they recently voted 4-3 to remove them. There constantly being vandalized so it's just as well that they are moved to a park. Plus the city is to dangerous now to visit them.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...114-story.html

Out West we were never taught that the Confederate flag or other any other Civil War memorabilia symbolizes, glorifies, justifies,or promotes racism. Must be a regional thing. The few folks I've talked to think the current anti-conferate craze seems more like hateful anti-white racism. Who is teaching this stuff to our youth?
    wolfy, dogonit and TopPredator like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Out West we were never taught that the Confederate flag or other any other Civil War memorabilia symbolizes, glorifies, justifies,or promotes racism. Must be a regional thing. The few folks I've talked to think the current anti-conferate craze seems more like hateful anti-white racism. Who is teaching this stuff to our youth?
    The racism relation to the confederate flag is not something that ever was taught or occurred to me when young or until recently. It only came to light after that kid killed people in the church and was later found to have a flag.

It always represented "being a rebel" in a youthful type of way.

Who's teaching it? Hmmm one guess and I know you know the answer.. It's scu* like bill ayers and the rest of the libtards regardless of color. They have almost taken over the schools. AND they FEEL entitled, who knew..

This is how far they lean left... and I believe the kid was black anyway?

Monkey.jpg

Boils down to one simple thing.......................fascism.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

It wasn't a problem for a long time until they pointed and said it was a problem . I still have Rebel flags and buy them once in awhile because I don't like them telling me not to and the Rebel flag pisses them off so much,they even hate the American flag .B.T.W. I am proud of North Carolina standing up to these mixed up people who don't know what restroom to use , Bruce Springstein can suck an egg . I was proud to attend the Coca Cola 600 Memorial Day weekend and plan to go back .

Sponosred Links