Simple question this time???
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Simple question this time???

Simple question this time???

Who has a HD recovery strap and which brand? Any to avoid? Thanks...
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    Who has a HD recovery strap and which brand? Any to avoid? Thanks...
    I have at least ten. Keeper brand is ok for most things. I have from two to six inches wide.
    littletommy likes this.

Thanks JJ... It will be kept in my 1997 F350 CC. A big heavy pig. I used to keep chains but they are a pain in the touche' to throw around and when they grenade well they create shrapnel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

if your just talking about just mild stucks a 4" X 30' strap. If your talking buried to the frame 6" wide. Straps act like rubber bands, you womp on it and let the strap do the work. I might have a few new ones, I'll check the shop this weekend. If I do I'll cut you a deal. I used to sell them.

Thanks JJ... It will be kept in my 1997 F350 CC. A big heavy pig. I used to keep chains but they are a pain in the touche' to throw around and when they grenade well they create shrapnel.
    akalogan, TWilight and littletommy like this.

I am actually pretty good with straps, chains, and cable. for about 18 years my primary job was recovery. I just don't know brands as most army equipment doesn't have Labels. I knew I would need at least a 4", but do you think that the 6" would be safer as a just incase. Kind of like a .243 will work great, but I bought a 30-06 just incase I wanted to hunt a bear too?
    littletommy and goldenhtr like this.

My my experiancee with straps is swamping, literally four wheeling in swamps and gumbo mud. Two "wide" of a strap and it won't stretch and give you a rubber band slingshot effect. Sometimes your just in to deep and you literally have to be tractored out "dragged" by a big ass 6x6. Strap size really needs to match the "type of stuck" you are. In my jeep witch currently has 36x14 super swampers and a winch I always carry 2, one a 4" to pull the average knucklehead kid out of the deep puddles in the pines so I don't have to unspool the winch and the 6" inch in-case I get stuck, because if I get stuck it's generally because I need to be dragged out by a big monster because even fully locked axles and a 10,000lb winch just didn't cut it. So far thats only been twice but if I didn't have the 6" I'd have never got out.

If you don't think you'll get your truck buried to the frame on both sides a 4" will do. If you think you will drop both tires on both sides so deep you'll be resting on the frame rails get both. Have one truck pull hard in the 6" and keep tension while a guy with the 4" keeps whacking down to keep bumping you out if you know what I mean. In most cases a 4" will jet you out quicker because of the elasticity. But if your really in there you will need the six for brute force dragging, not much "boing" in a 6".

As far as the .06 well you can get armor piercing incinderary for that, not the.243. Easy decision.

I am actually pretty good with straps, chains, and cable. for about 18 years my primary job was recovery. I just don't know brands as most army equipment doesn't have Labels. I knew I would need at least a 4", but do you think that the 6" would be safer as a just incase. Kind of like a .243 will work great, but I bought a 30-06 just incase I wanted to hunt a bear too?
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-10-2016 at 05:39 PM.

id_rg33_mrap_01_700.jpg

For 18 years this was the kind of truck I used (for the most part)

the towing truck not the broken thingy on the back
    littletommy, JerseyJeeper and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    My my experiancee with straps is swamping, literally four wheeling in swamps and gumbo mud. Two "wide" of a strap and it won't stretch and give you a rubber band slingshot effect. Sometimes your just in to deep and you literally have to be tractored out "dragged" by a big ass 6x6. Strap size really needs to match the "type of stuck" you are. In my jeep witch currently has 36x14 super swampers and a winch I always carry 2, one a 4" to pull the average knucklehead kid out of the deep puddles in the pines so I don't have to unspool the winch and the 6" inch in-case I get stuck, because if I get stuck it's generally because I need to be dragged out by a big monster because even fully locked axles and a 10,000lb winch just didn't cut it. So far thats only been twice but if I didn't have the 6" I'd have never got out.

If you don't think you'll get your truck buried to the frame on both sides a 4" will do. If you think you will drop both tires on both sides so deep you'll be resting on the frame rails get both. Have one truck pull hard in the 6" and keep tension while a guy with the 4" keeps whacking down to keep bumping you out if you know what I mean. In most cases a 4" will jet you out quicker because of the elasticity. But if your really in there you will need the six for brute force dragging, not much "boing" in a 6".

As far as the .06 well you can get armor piercing incinderary for that, not the.243. Easy decision.
    Well JJ I think a 4" sounds more in line with my real needs. Let me know... I am not sure if I would ever need armor piercing rounds (well I pray that I don't)
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

Nice! We had the guys off ft Dix bring one of those out once, well not quite that big. That's a first for me. The one they brought out had a winch drum on it that was huge. It nearly tore a f250 in half trying to yank it out.

id_rg33_mrap_01_700.jpg

For 18 years this was the kind of truck I used (for the most part)

the towing truck not the broken thingy on the back
    littletommy likes this.

You just never know do you I ain't going to Equador!

Ill check the the attic in the shop for you.

Well JJ I think a 4" sounds more in line with my real needs. Let me know... I am not sure if I would ever need armor piercing rounds (well I pray that I don't)
    akalogan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links