I miss Qwerty
Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: I miss Qwerty

I miss Qwerty

Yes he was contentious and a bully unfortunately, but he made those that responded to him think clearly about their positions as he would rip even a good one to shreds. I, after the first few encounters with him realized that i had to make the decisions and not him. He was a formidable entity(boy, talk about PC language). However, I do miss the old fart. I remember one time when I said I was a Libertarian, and he responded that he was a "Limitarian". For me such a repost is gold. Come back and haunt us folks on the forum. Though beware that littletommy is now the gatekeeper.
    Last edited by dogonit; 06-12-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Did he croak ?
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    Did he croak ?
    Not to my knowledge. You better watch your step!
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Have you noticed how many new members are on our forum??? Querty was like a demon gate keeper shredding any new member that posted. I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 06-14-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    Fred, Darth, scotti158 and 13 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    Did he croak ?
    Not quite – but he needs to brush up on his riding skills ……
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Have you noticed how many new members are on our forum??? Querty was like a demon gate keeper shredding any new member that posted. I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome.
    I understand that feeling, but I have always enjoyed a challenge. And, admittedly he was. But he helped me pick up my game quickly, because I don't like to lose or be stupid about things.

"I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome."
    +1, Well said Top.
    No one could kill a thread faster than qwerty.
    . Perhaps he enjoyed having the last word .
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "I would much rather have a forum where new members are welcome."
    +1, Well said Top.
    No one could kill a thread faster than qwerty.
    . Perhaps he enjoyed having the last word .
    Yes. He just couldn't let it go. Why, I have no idea because he didn't need to. I would suggest that others should also take that message to heart. Well now littletommy rules and the world is now inclusive of new members. However, we all have to earn our stripes.

Tommy doesn't rule and isn't the gatekeeper either, haha. I know you guys are joking but, any of us could do the moderator job.

I do like that the forum has gotten better and better over the last couple years. We do want it to be the best motorcycle forum out there, right?

We want to be known as helpful and courteous and welcoming to all the new members; so if I might make a suggestion...

When you see on the forum that a new member has registered; send them a little PM welcoming them and encouraging them to jump right in if they have questions or need help.

This immediately makes someone feel welcome and those members are more likely to stick around and become helpful members themselves.

I do this almost every day with new members and it does make a difference.
    dogonit, sub251, Darth and 12 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Tommy doesn't rule and isn't the gatekeeper either, haha. I know you guys are joking but, any of us could do the moderator job.

I do like that the forum has gotten better and better over the last couple years. We do want it to be the best motorcycle forum out there, right?

We want to be known as helpful and courteous and welcoming to all the new members; so if I might make a suggestion...

When you see on the forum that a new member has registered; send them a little PM welcoming them and encouraging them to jump right in if they have questions or need help.

This immediately makes someone feel welcome and those members are more likely to stick around and become helpful members themselves.

I do this almost every day with new members and it does make a difference.
    YOU DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE littletommy! I still liked locking horns or sparring on the side lines with he whom we "Can not Name".

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links