Come on LT, for real?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Come on LT, for real?

Come on LT, for real?

https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...ooting-11.html

So if eveyone doesn't have the same opinion and get along mindless zombie-like, then no one is allowed to express any opinion at all?

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...ooting-11.html

So if eveyone doesn't have the same opinion and get along mindless zombie-like, then no one is allowed to express any opinion at all?

I don't make the forum rules. Here they are for anyone who wants to read them. Again.

General

-Respect other members. Posts that are "bashing" or "inappropriate" in any nature, or harassing other members will NOT be tolerated. Do not flame, badger, hijacking other member’s threads, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forums. Posts or threads that are obvious attacks on other members or are blatant attempts to stir controversy on this site, will be deleted and an appropriate action will be taken. We will NOT tolerate abusive and or immature actions.

-Mild adult language is permitted with the understanding that if it discriminates against a member, is unnecessarily excessive, unlawful, threatening, abusive it will be removed immediately and you will be removed from the site.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We should be able to control ourselves and post without swearing or outright insults. When we can't, or chose not to, it is a service rendered to all the rest to have Administrators step in and urge decorum. LT does a good job of this. No argument from me, but then I am guilty of being a notorious thread hi-jacker. While done in fun I imagine I have irritated some by this. Many of us view no hi-jacking as a guideline, not a rule. Likely because we have been permitted to get away with it. Thanks for the tolerance.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thread Hijack too.jpg

Hoot never Hi~Jack's Threads or insults Islam or lefties....

Innocent on all counts
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I can't help myself, that's just plain funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Thread Hijack too.jpg

Hoot never Hi~Jack's Threads or insults Islam or lefties....

Innocent on all counts

LT is doing exactly what he's expected to do here as a moderator. And in this particular case, I'd say he's done it extremely well. It's never easy to keep hostility and anger out of the communities we operate, particularly if they're allowed to surface from time to time. He allowed that thread to proceed until it became apparent that the members simply couldn't conduct the discussion without lowering bar below the standards the site owners expect of everyone. Once that point has been reached, our moderators and admins have no choice but to step in and rein in the problem. While doing so is likely to incur the wrath of those who feel they were 'silenced', this isn't a "free speech without limit" zone. Our job is to enforce those limits, fairly and equitably. LT did exactly that....he asked, more than once, for everyone to keep the level of discussion up. They couldn't do it, so the thread was locked, as it should have been.

If you guys need a place to go berserk with hate, rage, extreme viewpoints or anything else controversial, let me refer you to US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum. It's a site owned by the former owners of this forum; and one which, personally, I can't tolerate for more than a post or two. Some of you guys will absolutely love it, and might never come back here!

Littletommy was a good choice for an Administrator as he already had earned a lot of respect here.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Littletommy was a good choice for an Administrator as he already had earned a lot of respect here.
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    LT is doing exactly what he's expected to do here as a moderator. And in this particular case, I'd say he's done it extremely well.
    Can't argue that...

I think the kind of "thread hijacking" we're more concerned with is, say, a guy selling a part here, and someone jumping into the thread to say "your part is too expensive" or "you can buy it cheaper at *link*", or even "I have one I'll sell you cheaper than the OP". That's the kind of thing that we want to stop; not so much the occasional side-trip into goofy humor or natural conversational progression.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links