Sound Off: Should the VA Prescribe Medical Marijuana??
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Sound Off: Should the VA Prescribe Medical Marijuana??

Question Sound Off: Should the VA Prescribe Medical Marijuana??

Ledmelon, Darth, DonBenito and 4 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sure. Time for federal recognition of medicinal benefits. Less likelihood of adverse side effects compared to massively dosing with ibuprofen or opiates for chronic pain management.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

No.

Government now wants marijuana promoted, because it makes the populace inert and stupified.

I'd rather not carry the discussion further because it will get nowhere. But I'll close it this way: Marijuana use, legal and otherwise, has just EXPLODED.

The level of stupidity in our culture, by media, government, professionals, and individuals doing shockingly-irresponsible things, has ALSO exploded.

Coincidence? I think not.

I won't argue causation; but I feel sure there's correlation.

</word>

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There are real benefits to Marijuana and I would rather deal with a dude that is stoned rather than a drunk.

The trouble with being "stoned" - is that you can't remember if you've posted several threads on this subject before .........
    TWilight, elime, Darth and 6 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

You know what?? I'll chime in on this one. Having lived in Menocino county, a part of the infamous "Emerald Triangle" for pretty much my entire life, IMHO I feel I have a unique if not better perspective on the entire issue of marijuana and it's impacts, social, financial, political, physical, you name it.

And instead of going into a lengthy diatribe / explanation I will easily sum up the entire thing with two words: Individual Responsibility. How about two more: Use / Misuse.

So should the VA script cannabis? Yes, as it will be no different than anything else the VA scripts, & how it will ultimately be used by the recipient. m.
    TWilight, elime, Darth and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
    There are real benefits to Marijuana and I would rather deal with a dude that is stoned rather than a drunk.
    Two problems with this - and yes, I'm violating my own rule above.

First, the pharmacological actions are far different.

Second, it's short-term impairment versus long-term.

Drunks are over it in hours. Potheads, although the EUPHORIA passes in hours, the impairment remains as long as the drug is in the blood stream, and thus affecting the neurochemistry of the brain.

And most potheads are using again before the body clears. Which is why potheads typically appear unfocused and, frankly, STUPID. ("Hey, dood...yer harshin my mellow!!")

Drunks are a survivable problem in Western civilization - we have had beverage alcohol as long as we've had civilization.

Pot, on the other hand, has NEVER been present in a rising advanced civilization; and when introduced into a mature civilization, it arrests social progress - and, as in parts of Europe, causes regression.

Romans drank wine. Africans smoked ganga. Modern Arabs chew qat, which has much the same effect.

I live in Oregon and don't see an increase in marijuana use since it was legalized. People who want to partake do so. I personally don't, but I don't care if anyone else does as long as they're not blowing smoke towards my toddler.

Take a look at the figures - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual...use_by_country

And while we’re at it, given that we are now a “family forum” — why is one of the mods promoting potentially illegal drug use ?

Do we now have someone’s kid smoking a spliff because he had a headache, and excusing it by pointing at threads like this and saying - “They said it was OK” ?

Do you trust a young child to make the distinction between medical dope, and dope for medical reasons (eg pain relief) ?

“Scuffed your knee son ? — here, have a toke on this” ……….

You’re in a position of responsibility now littletommy — you need to be mindful of what you recommend - and of your potential audience’s chance of misunderstanding the “finer points”

Sure — “we” get it — but we’re not the only ones who use this forum ………

(No disrespect - "just sayin'")
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Purple -
    Maybe that's what happens when a bunch of adults having a forum decide little Bosco and Grannie May should come in and play, watch & listen?
    When my son was little I didn't take him in bars and plop his little butt up at the bar.
    Same reason...there were adults talking.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links