Icon Jacket
Close

Thread: Icon Jacket

hey yall, got the bike and am all suited up- one small thing tho...

the jacket i purchased fits well in every department (i have long arms so had to go for the medium) except for the padding inside the jacket.. it is kept in between the mesh liner and the crash fabric on the outside, allowing for some movement- thing is, when my arms are up in riding position, they sit well- when walking around, the pads move down slightly with gravity, and need a bit of manual adjustment to place them where they feel comfortable(in terms of protection, the jacket is comfy regardless...)the elbow pads are not such a biggie, they sit like long gauntlets until i raise my arms... its the shoulders im apprehensive about- they dont sit on top of my (clavicle?)unless wiggled- at which point they stay put with arms raised- is this common? should i just go for the small and sacrifice arm/ torso length for a thinner shoulder width?

ps its an ICON patrol jacket

all input appreciated
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R
    2004 Ford Ranger FXR Lvl II

Moved thread out of the Technical forum.
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

thnx, and ooooops!
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I also have an Icon jacket. Two, actually. My cold riding jacket, the pads stay in place, but not so much on my mesh jacket. The pads on the elbows do exactly what you described. I kind of ignore it though because in riding position, they go just where they need to go, and it hasn't been a problem. All the other padding stays put. My jacket is an XXL, and so am I, so they work just fine.

The mesh jacket sure is a nice one though. When I'm moving I can't tell I even have it on. It's that comfortable, and vents that nicely. Funny thing is, it's heavier than my colder weather jacket, and that one I ALWAYS know I have it on.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    I also have an Icon jacket. Two, actually. My cold riding jacket, the pads stay in place, but not so much on my mesh jacket. The pads on the elbows do exactly what you described. I kind of ignore it though because in riding position, they go just where they need to go, and it hasn't been a problem. All the other padding stays put. My jacket is an XXL, and so am I, so they work just fine.

The mesh jacket sure is a nice one though. When I'm moving I can't tell I even have it on. It's that comfortable, and vents that nicely. Funny thing is, it's heavier than my colder weather jacket, and that one I ALWAYS know I have it on.

Dan

Went for a rip in the new jacket, took out the insulation layer and had the vents open... blue skies and mild weather- got a bit chilly after cruising for 45 mins or so... cant wait to see how it holds up on a solid 20 degree (celius) day....

also have to mention the magnetic closing on the jacket- held up without zipper, nice added ventilation aswell

hopefully i can get enough ventilation to wear this year round 8)
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

Come summer, you may find those vents inadequate. Mind you, I don't have the same model, so maybe yours is different, but with all the vents opened up on mine and with the liner out, I was still sweating buckets once the temperature hit over 75 degrees F, no matter how fast I was moving. I eventually just bit the bullet and spent the money on the mesh jacket, which also had a zip-out liner. Between the two, I've got the seasons covered.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    Come summer, you may find those vents inadequate. Mind you, I don't have the same model, so maybe yours is different, but with all the vents opened up on mine and with the liner out, I was still sweating buckets once the temperature hit over 75 degrees F, no matter how fast I was moving. I eventually just bit the bullet and spent the money on the mesh jacket, which also had a zip-out liner. Between the two, I've got the seasons covered.

Dan

Dan would u be able to give me the name of your ICON mesh jacket?
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R

Actually, I was incorrect about my mesh jacket. I looked for the model, and it reminded me that it's a Vega jacket, and not Icon like my other one. Sorry about that. I really do like the mesh one though. It is really comfortable and well built. A little heavier than my Icon, but can't tell once it's on. Here's a link to my mesh jacket from Motorcycle Superstore.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Sponosred Links