Headed in to have rotator cuff checked out....
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Headed in to have rotator cuff checked out....

Headed in to have rotator cuff checked out....

Anybody had this done?
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

Yes. This was the major part of my shoulder surgery this past winter. There were a couple other things torn and repaired while they were in there. Since my surgery the day before Thanksgiving, I have gained 95% mobility and about 90% of my strength back. Doc said he would take a while and he was right.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Yes. This was the major part of my shoulder surgery this past winter. There were a couple other things torn and repaired while they were in there. Since my surgery the day before Thanksgiving, I have gained 95% mobility and about 90% of my strength back. Doc said he would take a while and he was right.
    Injury that caused it? Or a long term that made you go in?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Git'er done, Flathats. I haven't had this done, but have ongoing issues with shoulders, and may be next in line. Best of luck to you.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

It was the fall off the mule last July caused by the hikers dog barking and running towards us.

After the MRI the doctors told me I had had an previous old separated shoulder and possibly a torn rotator cuff from that injury which over time healed somewhat. They saw gouges from bone on bone contact. Said this was probably 30 years ago type injury. I don't ever remember separating my shoulder though prior to last July's accident I had pain in my shoulder and was more evident when I rode motorcycle or mule. When not riding either, I never felt pain.

After the accident it was a good thing I went in. Had I not done anything it would not have healed properly on it's own and I would have had permanent shoulder damage I would have felt the rest of my life. And I would have been weaker in that shoulder which is my dominant side.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Years of horses, bucking horses, dirt bikes, and now a slip and fall on Saturday evening...can't raise my elbow away from my ribs without out a piss my pants pain in the middle ....come on 2:15....
    Last edited by Flathats; 06-14-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah, mine was just like that. ...and it throbbed like the dickens when I was just holding it still against my body for a few weeks. Sleeping was a whole 'nother story, very uncomfortable.
    akalogan and littletommy like this.

Yep. Blew my shoulder out playing hockey and over the next year and half it became sloppy. When it got the point it would dislocate once or twice a game .... I decided to call the season short and get it fixed up. I was only 18 and playing at a high level so I was very hard on my body in general.

My surgery was a day activity with a 2-3 days overnight stay and then home and onto physio. The worst part of the whole thing was the sling design ... it support your arm and wrapped around your midsection so you had to wash your armpit with a toothbrush. Oh and my car at the time was a manual, so I had to employ my best friend as a chauffer for the summer.

After a summer of rehab and physio it was back to normal and I was back on the ice playing at the same level with no issues.

Fast forward to now 20 years later its still pretty good .... once or twice over the years I had a "oh shit" moment where I almost dislocated it again, and my range of movement is limited at full rotation by a few degrees compared to my other arm. But the strength/dependability is there and everything works as it should. Honestly I don't think about it much and this is probably the most thought I have given it in many years.

Cheers,
    Ian

Damn guys...got me spooked now....

Quote Originally Posted by Flathats View Post
    Damn guys...got me spooked now....
    Bah. Its not that bad & you want to fix it before it gets worse.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links