2-Year-Old Dragged Into Water by Alligator Near Disney Is Dead
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2-Year-Old Dragged Into Water by Alligator Near Disney Is Dead

2-Year-Old Dragged Into Water by Alligator Near Disney Is Dead

This is a horrible Horrible Thing. That poor family, the baby. There are no words to express the sadness.

There is also heart felt feeling for the cops and emergency responders who have to see and live with these tragedies.

If my memory serves me wasn't this the same guy who gave the press interview at the gay nightclub? How he even sleeps at night I don't know.
    gator death.jpg

Story
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-15-2016 at 01:19 PM.

As a father of two young ones I am heart broken for this little boy and his family. I never take a day for granted and always get a kiss from both my little ones before I walk out the door. I hope some how this family can go on.

On a side note my middle daughter was actually at Disney in FLA when the Night Club killer was casing Disney as a possible target this past April (spring break for us).. She was with her best friends family. They only have the one daughter so my daughter went so she had company her own age. When I found out about him casing Disney last night I was like good god damn thing nothing happened. I'm not sure what I would have done, probably have a heart attack...
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

With my son and his family, heading to Clearwater, for 10 days as I type....and with the Grandsons being 4 1/2 and 21 months...this tragedy always puts a fear in you.....

I grew up around Gators and Snakes in South Florida in the 1950s and 60s....we just never worried much about them, and we roamed those swamps and by~ways....without fear, with the public and masses encroaching on wildlife and vice versa....things like this, as horrible as they are, are bound to happen...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

When I lived in Florida I had 2 German Short Hair pointers that loved the water. I was absolutely heart broken that I could not allow them to go swimming anywhere but swimming pools. We had lakes right close by but they were loaded with gators and dogs are gator food.

This was a very sad event and I honestly believe Disney was at serious fault for not having it posted or fenced with gator warnings. Here where I live I don't venture into the woods without a gun because of all the bears and coyotes that are for the most part afraid of humans. For the most part does not cut it and a bad animal can turn in a second. I am in their home and a sow bear with cubs has every right to protect her cubs. Alligators have to eat too and a 2 year old should never have been where he was allowed to be grabbed.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    When I lived in Florida I had 2 German Short Hair pointers that loved the water. I was absolutely heart broken that I could not allow them to go swimming anywhere but swimming pools. We had lakes right close by but they were loaded with gators and dogs are gator food.

This was a very sad event and I honestly believe Disney was at serious fault for not having it posted or fenced with gator warnings. Here where I live I don't venture into the woods without a gun because of all the bears and coyotes that are for the most part afraid of humans. For the most part does not cut it and a bad animal can turn in a second. I am in their home and a sow bear with cubs has every right to protect her cubs. Alligators have to eat too and a 2 year old should never have been where he was allowed to be grabbed.

GaryL
    They did have signs posted up and down the beach that there was no swimming allowed because of gators. I quess people never think it can happen to them.
    Gulfrider and Hoot Gibson like this.
    Remember its a ride, not a race..........

Gators everywhere down here, any water including pools can get gators in them. If you see a pond/river/etc... assume gators are their.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Quote Originally Posted by saabbug View Post
    They did have signs posted up and down the beach that there was no swimming allowed because of gators. I quess people never think it can happen to them.
    Correct! NO SWIMMING SIGNS but none saying it was because of Gators. My local reservoirs and river swimming holes have NO SWIMMING signs posted all over them but we don't have carnivorous gators lurking beneath. You can be sure this family will absolutely say, "We were not swimming, just wading".

GaryL
    wolfy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfrider View Post
    Gators everywhere down here, any water including pools can get gators in them. If you see a pond/river/etc... assume gators are their.
    Agree! Anyone from the south will know this for sure but a family from Nebraska or from a foreign country might have no idea!

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Agree! Anyone from the south will know this for sure but a family from Nebraska or from a foreign country might have no idea!

GaryL
    Someone really should have told that family about gators or there should have been signs. My understanding is that the father was so close to the child that he actually had his hands on the little guy and the gator pulled the toddler out of his hands. People probably figured he would have been able to get out of dodge if he saw a gator coming and didn't speak up (if there was anyone even there?). Apparently gators are stealthier than they look on the gator shows.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links