• 7 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 4 Post By SHAG
  • 3 Post By Smitty Blackstone
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 3 Post By WERA689

Thread: I discovered SONOS

I discovered SONOS

Has anyone discovered SONOS wi-fi speakers? My 40 year old amp and receiver has the inputs going out, so I decided to up grade to a new bluetooth system to compliment my xm radio,soo I bought a bluetooth system and set it up, while doing so I found SONOS which happens when one thinks they have found the best solution to a problem. Any way SONOS is wi-fi streaming, can be connected to 34 different speakers in 34 different rooms each can control 34 volumes seperately and play 34 different formats on 34 different stations, and can be controlled by your laptop, tablet, phone, together as a singal unit. Contains iheart, pandora, and more free and subscription apps, speakwrs range from 200-600 to tv bars 1200 on up. I like mine.

Nick, that is going to be just perfect for your new 34 bedroom house.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sounds like something I need, or maybe hearing aids. lol I've been thinking on the TV bar for my failing hearing. Oh, and Fred, you're funny. lol
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I have had a Sonos 5 for some time now.
    There are only two of us here so I just bring it inside when we have company. Was going to get a bunch of them, but there was no need.
    I used the money I saved to buy more bikes...
    But you all guessed that already

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    littletommy, Fred and JerseyJeeper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by montezuma View Post
    Has anyone discovered SONOS wi-fi speakers? My 40 year old amp and receiver has the inputs going out, so I decided to up grade to a new bluetooth system to compliment my xm radio,soo I bought a bluetooth system and set it up, while doing so I found SONOS which happens when one thinks they have found the best solution to a problem. Any way SONOS is wi-fi streaming, can be connected to 34 different speakers in 34 different rooms each can control 34 volumes seperately and play 34 different formats on 34 different stations, and can be controlled by your laptop, tablet, phone, together as a singal unit. Contains iheart, pandora, and more free and subscription apps, speakwrs range from 200-600 to tv bars 1200 on up. I like mine.
    More likely it is your 40 year old equipment with the OUTPUTS going out. Capacitors tend to dry out and puke after that long. Just so you know, if it was good equipment from the start, Marantz, Sansui, Yamaha, or many of the other name brands and near their top of line stuff back then it can be fixed. Stereo Equipment made in the 1970s is considered from the "Golden Age of Stereo". Monster amps and receivers with honest real RMS Watts for power outputs and if what you have is in this category then it has some nice value today. My Sansui G-9000 still works great today and was manufactured in 1976 and I had it bench tested a few years ago that showed it pumps out 175 watts RMS real power. The receiver weighs over 75 pounds and looks and sounds like the day I bought it.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Very true. I sold audio back in those days, and still have several Harman/Kardon Citation amps, an H/k 730 receiver, and 4 pairs of 30+ year old A/D/S speakers. 3 pair anchor my home theater rig, and the other is in my two-channel setup (SOTA turntable, VTL tube preamp, and Belles amp). It's true...they don't make stuff like they usedta.

Sponosred Links