Youtube
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Youtube

Youtube

Just got through watching a bunch of people riding superbikes on public highways at speeds over 200 mph. Ok so, someone made the comment that they do that because they get paid to upload these videos to Youtube. Is this for real? I love speed, but only on a track. Why is it ok to put yours or my family at risk, or me or you, by riding at such ridiculous speeds? some will comment "oh such a rush and well risks are part of living". I am all for risks to make life more colorful. But the risk of someone who does not share the same passion? At those speed, even a five or six hundred pound motorcycle has the energy to kill someone in a four wheeled vehicle. Good grief.

I think most here would think it's ridiculous unless it was in the desert with a 100 mile field of view and no one else on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by drsquat View Post
    Just got through watching a bunch of people riding superbikes on public highways at speeds over 200 mph. Ok so, someone made the comment that they do that because they get paid to upload these videos to Youtube. Is this for real? I love speed, but only on a track. Why is it ok to put yours or my family at risk, or me or you, by riding at such ridiculous speeds? some will comment "oh such a rush and well risks are part of living". I am all for risks to make life more colorful. But the risk of someone who does not share the same passion? At those speed, even a five or six hundred pound motorcycle has the energy to kill someone in a four wheeled vehicle. Good grief.
    Kasky, littletommy, Peterb and 2 others like this.

Right now in Walla Walla a woman is in critical condition and her son has a broken jaw. Because 2 idiot were street racing. Doing some 60ish mph in a residential area. They both have been arrested. At least the lady is now reported to be stabilized medically.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

A motorcycle at 200 MPH is not a vehicle, it is a projectile. A deadly one at that. Ridden that way on public roads, the rider ,if they survive, should be imprisoned and the motorcycle confiscated and destroyed.
    Phelonius

On the next road over from mine is the Monticello Motor Club, Google it. This is a very large motor speed track for the rich and famous who own super cars. A couple years ago a group of these fools driving their hot cars to the speedway got busted in a group doing over 150 MPH on the main highway, Route 17. I think about ten cars got pulled over. In NY going 20 MPH over the speed limit can get your license yanked. Most of these folks being rich and famous got away with their stunt with just fines and the club itself got hammered for it's members being idiots. On the track itself they can hit speeds over 200 MPH but the last I heard membership is near a Million dollars and guys like Jerry Seinfeld and other hot shots are the ones who join and race every weekend. I do get to see some real nice super cars drive past my house, Ferrari, Bughatti, Porche and you name it and I can hear them running while on the track from my yard but on the roads around here these guys are crazy to run million dollar vehicles at high speeds with all the deer and bear all over the roads. My wife hit a deer doing 40 and it did $13,000 in damage to a $30,000 SUV. Wonder how much damage that would do on a million dollar car going over 100 MPH? I see guys on crotch rockets fly by all the time going way over the limit and have had two fatal crashes that I know of in the past few years both from deer.

GaryL
    littletommy, Lyterx and admiral like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I'd much rather see those idiots hit a deer than some unsuspecting person.
    akalogan and TWilight like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

A guy last year in BC posted a video of his excessive speed ride and the RCMP used the video to successfully prosecute him.
    littletommy, LuvNot and TWilight like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Hey DR SQUAT where are you located in the Blue Grass State? I'm in the SW corner of Boone County in Northern KY. 34 miles SW of Cincinnati and 50 or so miles north a slightly west of Lexington. Good to see someone else possibly close by but then again you could be 3-6 hours away depending on where you are.
    littletommy likes this.
    Ride Safe.......You're the BUMPER!Hidden Content

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2009 Honda 420 Rancher 4x4
    Hill Billy Bags

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    I'd much rather see those idiots hit a deer than some unsuspecting person.
    I would rather they find a telephone pole. So as to not waste the back strap on the little bambi.
    TWilight likes this.

Speed never hurt anybody, but those sudden stops can be a bitch!

After one of my Bonneville buds had set a new record over 260MPH on our dual-engine bike, somebody asked him what is was like, going 260MPH on a motorcycle.
    He thought a sec and said "Well, it's just like going 160, only faster!"
    It's all relative...
    TWilight and littletommy like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links