Annual Ride To Work Day - Monday, June 20th.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Annual Ride To Work Day - Monday, June 20th.

Annual Ride To Work Day - Monday, June 20th.

DonBenito likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I put a sign in the lunch room at work hoping other drivers would be more aware Monday than usual
    Too many accidents around here last time.
    ride to work.jpg
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.

I have never heard of this before but being only the 3rd Annual that's not surprising. Especially here in Idaho were we still get the news via pony express or carrier pigeon.

What I'd like to know is how is the success of this to be measured. I didn't see any kind of sign up on their website. I haven't seen any advertising of this in our local media. I am going to send an email to our safety to see if they have heard of this as they put out messages and post signs for motorcycle awareness.

Anything else we should or could do besides ride our motorbikes to work on Monday?
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Anything else we should or could do besides ride our motorbikes to work on Monday?
    I think i'll fax this to the news release numbers for the local papers and radio stations.

p.s. In today's day and age that mail should at least be delivered by TW !

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I have never heard of this before but being only the 3rd Annual that's not surprising. Especially here in Idaho were we still get the news via pony express or carrier pigeon.

What I'd like to know is how is the success of this to be measured. I didn't see any kind of sign up on their website. I haven't seen any advertising of this in our local media. I am going to send an email to our safety to see if they have heard of this as they put out messages and post signs for motorcycle awareness.

Get a donut on the way!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I hate shit like that. All those asshats with their 1000 miles per year maybe motorcycles taking up all the parking. Go get back in your Prius.

Work?

What the Hell is that???
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Kris, this year is not the 3rd annual of this Ride to Work event. This has been going on for a LONG time....like...decades.

The sticker you see above says it is the 3rd Monday in June...and by placement of the wording, it uses the word...Annual...above the 3rd Monday in June.

The sticker is not very well articulated, and easily confused.

This event originated by the owner of Aerostich...Rider Wearhouse....his name is Andy Goldfine.
    3rd or more, either way, I've never heard of a "ride-to-work day" except for bicycles. I suppose if I go visit a motorcycle shop they may be advertising such a thing I'm just say'in I never heard of this before. I like the idea. Our safety at work posts signs about watching motorcycles in the spring around the building. I emailed him about this for awareness but he took Friday off. Probably getting ready for ride to work Monday.

Just because, I'm gonna ride to work on Monday.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Never heard of it either and it is the 25th international ride to work.
    They have a list of cities that offer free parking for motorcycles on that day.
    Sadly Vancouver is not on the list, but Toronto was.

For me every week day is ride to work day - be it on the TW, VStrom or Kona.
    admiral, LuvNot, TWilight and 6 others like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I'm happy to live in a part of the country where it's possible to commute by motorcycle year-round. I have taken a car to work about 3 times in the last 4 years.

I think the statisticians worked out that for every 10% of commuters who replace their car with a motorcycle, traffic is reduced by 25%.

I definitely get through my commute much quicker on a bike. If AZ could get its' act together and legalize lane splitting, my 11 mile commute would take under 20 minutes instead of 40 minutes plus.

Regardless, more bikes on the road and less cars can only be a good thing.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links