Picked up a treasure box today....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Picked up a treasure box today....

Picked up a treasure box today....

3473 rounds....

rbm
    Nice! I need a few of those!

You found one of my boxes?
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I love the 22LR round... I may be a redneck but I got my first rifle (Ruger 10/22) when I was 8. I have over 20,000 rounds through that thing now and it's still at the front of my safe.

Goo treasure box Flathats!
    I was just given a similar box of .22LR ammo for my birthday. Only 500 rounds but some were my favorite CCI Stingers, hurrah!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Yes on the Treasure box and you probably can't go to any store right now and find all of that.

My issue is a rather personal one but I would much rather find a Treasure box with that many 22LR rounds all from the same manufacturer and the same exact round. Not sure if others have the same problems with their guns but I find once I sight the scope in for a particular round of ammo switching to other brands and rounds is just far enough off to miss. My main target is small red squirrels at around 50 yards. They get into my attic and roll nuts around at night so they have to go. My Ruger 10/22 with target barrel and a nice 10X scope is a very deadly combo but when the target is a little larger than a chipmunk it better be right on the money like a quarter size group. Every time I do find any 22LR ammo available it is always a different brand or size so I can't stick with any single one. I long for the days when I could buy bricks of 500 rounds for under $10 and as many as I could carry at a time. I have a few boxes just like your treasure box loaded with all sorts of different rounds but my gun and scope seem to like one brand at a time unless I go through re sighting it to each different round as I change.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Yes on the Treasure box and you probably can't go to any store right now and find all of that.

My issue is a rather personal one but I would much rather find a Treasure box with that many 22LR rounds all from the same manufacturer and the same exact round. Not sure if others have the same problems with their guns but I find once I sight the scope in for a particular round of ammo switching to other brands and rounds is just far enough off to miss. My main target is small red squirrels at around 50 yards. They get into my attic and roll nuts around at night so they have to go. My Ruger 10/22 with target barrel and a nice 10X scope is a very deadly combo but when the target is a little larger than a chipmunk it better be right on the money like a quarter size group. Every time I do find any 22LR ammo available it is always a different brand or size so I can't stick with any single one. I long for the days when I could buy bricks of 500 rounds for under $10 and as many as I could carry at a time. I have a few boxes just like your treasure box loaded with all sorts of different rounds but my gun and scope seem to like one brand at a time unless I go through re sighting it to each different round as I change.

GaryL
    I agree with you on buying the same ammo all the time....I have quite a few cases of cartons that are all the same for my rifles...this treasure box will mostly be used on the trapline....dispatch pistol shots at very close range...
    Dryden-Tdub and GaryL like this.

geocaching done right
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Quote Originally Posted by TuggerHiller View Post
    geocaching done right
    I wish....cost me some $...but not near as much as what I have seen them going for..

That Browning .22 is relatively new to the shelf. We received a half doz boxes at the store, & I have received mixed reviews on it... There are not that many manufactures of rimfire ammo, so I don't know who Browning sub-contracted to. It's my belief that it is re-branded something? Anyone have a guess or info?

I know, we must take opinions on ammo with a bit of salt... what works well for one firearm will function poorly in another, & then mix in personal preferences, brand loyalty, etc.

.22 is available, if you're willing to jump through flaming hoops with pockets full of cash to get it, most of the time. What chaps me is that ANY of the rimfire ammo manufacturer's could have spent the big $$ a couple of years ago and by now have paid for their investment. Even IF this drove the price back down eventually, the demand for .22lr will always be there.

Good score Flathats m.
    littletommy and Eatmore Mudd like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links