Example....
Close

Thread: Example....

Example....

Oops....

Heck, I'll take this one:NRS Chinook Mesh Back Fishing PFD With my gear in those pockets ya just know I'll be wearing it rather than having it lashed on deck.thumb.php.jpeg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For a wife, make sure it's made for wimmen and that it fits her right. For a kayak, you want a kayak-style vest; one that is high in the back so the user's back fits against the kayak seat. If the PFD is a standard fishing vest, it's likely that the back will cause the kayaker to sit too far forward on the seat, not supporting the back of the thighs because of the back thickness.

Buying something 'that will do' is likely to make the kayaking experience unenjoyable. You wouldn't want to send a new rider out with a cheap helmet 'that will do'. Heck, a new sport usually implies that the safety gear is more likely to be used early in the learning stage.

Get quality and if she ends up not liking the sport, it won't be because poor fitting gear was used. You'll also have much better luck selling quality and getting some of the money back.
    Last edited by Ski Pro 3; 06-28-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    The bear slayer!

Actually, I own the Chinook model and would buy it again. No need to spend a bunch right off the bat, buy one for around $35 at your local big box. If she really enjoys the sport she can get a more kayak oriented one later. By going this route you will have a spare around if family or friends decide they want to try kayaking.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Sponosred Links