Censorship
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Censorship

Censorship

It seems it now has come to the point that posts are being "taken down" here in the basement for no other reason that somebody in the "management" thinks they might offend somebody, it doesn't have to be anybody personally, but it appears, if anybody is offended because they might be the subject, even it not mentioned, a post here and there is taken down...

Really? This is what the "free flow" of discussion has become?

We get new management and all of a sudden a few road blocks are tossed in the way....Good Luck with that, I am pretty sure the various Squeaky Wheel types who PM me, demanding that I put them on "Ignore"{not sure why they don't just do the same to me} are either in said management or behind the scene trouble makers...sorry, as a long time member and contributor on both the upper and lower level of this forum, I will not play that game...ban me if you wish, but I'll be damn if I will bow to some interlopers wishes that the majority on here be silenced.

Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

The daft thing is, that your posting was “quoted” by somebody else — and his post —quoting the deleted post, is still showing.

Now I don’t know what the “offending” phrase used was — but it could be Black, Gay, Islamic, Tranny, fukwads, or even “don’t feed the troll” ……

Again — which one of these is either inaccurate, or incorrect ?

Censorship without justification, or at least explanation, is pretty pointless in my opinion. If you explain to us which phrase is objected to, then we can learn from that and move on — this way, any one (or possibly all six) “expressions” are now suspect, and to be avoided at the risk of censorship — we learn nothing — except perhaps that we have lost the power of free speech (within reason), and that almost anything we type in future is open to “censorship, without explanation, warning, or appeal”.

It’s a frankly ridiculous way to go about it — and given that the offending post was subsequently quoted in full by someone else — laughable.

However, instead of whinging on at this happening, I’m going to suggest a solution to both sides …..

Presuming that Mods have the ability to change the text in some-ones post, perhaps you could “redact” the offending words (asterisks would do), which would censor “some” of the post, while leaving the offending poster with at least an idea of what to avoid in future.

Because something needs to change here (and I have my own opinion of what it is) — or else some key players are just going to stop posting ……….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    It might be valuable to acknowledge that of the total forum membership there are only a few " key players" that frequently post in basement political threads.
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Purple Sez:

"or else some key players are just going to stop posting ………. "

And that is the problem for ownership....are they willing to cut their noses off to despite their faces? I usually spend an hour in the morning on the Internet, checking e-mail, Facebook, my Officiating websites, and TW....and about the same during weeknight evenings...

I can always move on...as can those of like minds...not suggesting that, but if you drown out the more frequent posters, on both the upper and lower levels, I will guarantee you the revenue will also "Go South"....just My Opinion...

I've stopped the personal bashes, but now, it appears, even if you touch on a subject that they put out, no matter how stupid or inane, if someone feels "offended" the post is scrubbed or deleted...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I agree, but I was told there was nothing I can do because I don't work here, and stop being a little bitch. Well if there really is nothing I can do about it, why bother showing up in the first place? I used to get on here several times a day, but now it's maybe a few times a week.

If it's "Off Topic" it's off topic and folks don't need to go see it.

This is an amazing forum and I recommend it to all folks who like motorcycles. I'd had to see it all become "off topic" conversation.

Perhaps we need a real true section that is off topic and all things like what you are getting censored for can be housed there.

I'd like the main forum to be all TW related. I love the bike and all of you folks. Let's keep this working.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    It might be valuable to acknowledge that of the total forum membership there are only a few " key players" that frequently post in basement political threads.
    How so might that be valuable? I'm always looking for investment opportunities.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson
    Hopefully he picks a Black, Gay, Islamic, Tranny...that way the fukwads on the far left...won't know what to Hell to say....
    Once again real TW forum members....don't feed the troll...if we ignore it, eventually it will leave...

Might have been your fornicating ball of packing material that got it deleted
    Hoot Gibson and jtomelliott49 like this.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatoan View Post
    How so might that be valuable? I'm always looking for investment opportunities.
    It's not going to break the bank to lose a few members in order to raise the quality of the discourse.... invest in that...
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    It's not going to break the bank to lose a few members in order to raise the quality of the discourse.... invest in that...
    Robespierre my friend, I didn't recognize you. So, who's next on the chopping block?
    Purple and jtomelliott49 like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links