An observation about the TW200 forum
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: An observation about the TW200 forum

484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States

An observation about the TW200 forum

I have been pondering this observation for a few days now. I want to see if I am crazy or if I am somewhat observant. Let me set the stage:

1. I have only been a member of this forum since January 2015.
    2. I have not read every current post on this forum let alone all of the historical posts.
    3. I check the forum daily and read posts that peak my curiosity or post that involve a technical issue that i want to learn about.
    4. I try to only post replies when i have something useful to say. I will pass out likes all day long with out posting a reply.

Here is my observation: In my year and a half on this forum, I never saw any topics (censorship, hurt feelings, you can't say that, etc.) or forum issues that members openly complained about until the new forum owners took over. I am in left field with this?

Please advise.
    "Tolerance is not the same thing as acceptance, and acceptance is not the same thing as an endorsement"

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Were nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Color Of The Day View Post
    I have been pondering this observation for a few days now. I want to see if I am crazy or if I am somewhat observant. Let me set the stage:

1. I have only been a member of this forum since January 2015.
    2. I have not read every current post on this forum let alone all of the historical posts.
    3. I check the forum daily and read posts that peak my curiosity or post that involve a technical issue that i want to learn about.
    4. I try to only post replies when i have something useful to say. I will pass out likes all day long with out posting a reply.

Here is my observation: In my year and a half on this forum, I never saw any topics (censorship, hurt feelings, you can't say that, etc.) or forum issues that members openly complained about until the new forum owners took over. I am in left field with this?

Please advise.
    Same here...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No...its been going on longer than that. You missed the Lizardbrth years where it was all happy...

It is still Ok. Just ignore the BS. The old admins banned and censored posts in the past. You know they did.

I think ALL forums need an "off-topic" area. I just don't need to visit them.

Facebook is not the answer. I am surprised recent defectors have "pitched their tent" there. FB is NOT the place for our type of technical camaraderie. That's all.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by AGman View Post
    No...its been going on longer than that. You missed the Lizardbrth years where it was all happy...
    This. There's been a bit of crap here, intermittently, over the last couple of years. Some unseen while I was a moderator, which I am no longer thanks to one member, so you're seeing it all in full glory now. I predict the worst is yet to come...

I have had many posts removed because the posts were over the line. And I am with RBM that Armageddon is coming soon.

Late to supper guys.. Already here
    j/k lol
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Forums have their ups and downs, it's what people do. Get along, argue, get over it, repeat. Some get upset and leave, some loose interest, new people join, and this will keep happening as long as there is a forum. Doesn't matter who owns it.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Oh there have been times when I was sad to say I was a member, but threads were deleted, replies were removed, people left and things got better.
    Here is my observation, there are and always will be people that must stir it up and when something is said they go on a hissy fit. This is first and foremost the best motorcycle forum for one of the best bikes ever made ( however this is only my opinion ). So with that in mind the only way to keep it that way is to remain centered on the TW and 75% should always be about these machines. Once we cross the line to where it was 75% non TW and basic crap the problems arised. The new owners just happen to take over as there was once again unrest in the membership. The owners are new to this forum but not to the world of forums in general, so they just took matters into their own hands and dealt with it in a fashion some didnt like. For me this forum is all about my bike and where it takes me and also where other members bikes take them, how we over come its short comings and weak points. I dont care about your politics, your world view, or anything else you want to argue about, but tell me how high you climbed that mountain or how deep the stream was you crossed and you will have my attention.

I am glad Color of the Day that you never witnessed the dark side of the membership but it did show before the new owners and there were a lot of hurt feelings and more. But that is all behind and buried and put were it should be. There are alot of good people here still and a lot of members world wide who lerk and read but never enter in to the conversations, hopefully with time they will feel more inclined to do so as this is not just a USA political forum. I get the free speach, I get the "my way is the right way", but I dont understand the attacks and mean spirited posts. I hope those people understand that it just isnt acceptable to act that way on a public forum and all this talk of a "basement"? I have search all over this forum and there are no stairs heading down to a basement period.... so we are in rancher...slab on grade constructed forum with many rooms but all on the same level. If some here believe there is a basement then they have dug that hole on their own.

I say we give the new owners a chance and if we all play nice and just get along the TW world will be a better place!

One more thought.... one day they will stop making these cool little bikes and that will drive the price up, way up....and we will all be millionaires soon!!!!
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links