• 3 Post By TW-Brian
  • 5 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By elime
  • 1 Post By Tweaker
  • 1 Post By Tweaker

Thread: New at Costco

New at Costco

littletommy likes this.

The same bike in the NorCal Costco is labeled a bit differently. Giant El Oso Gordo Fat Tire Bike 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016. It has mucho bling !!!
    littletommy and elime like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemama View Post
    The same bike in the NorCal Costco is labeled a bit differently. Giant El Oso Gordo Fat Tire Bike 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016. It has mucho bling !!!
    I got that but I bet a lot of people don't.

Mucho dinero for that thing. I paid a little bit more than that for my parts bike. Now maybe if it had a motor on it -- one of the cheap POS Chineese 2 stroke add ons......

80cc 2 Stroke Cycle Gas Motorized Bicycle Kit Bike Petrol Engine Motor Mount | eBay

Yeah man! Now were talking !!!!!

Wandering aimlessly around ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-26-Fat-T...item280f54664a
    Last edited by elime; 07-08-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

More people get than want to admit it. Go Gigantes.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Now maybe if it had a motor on it -- one of the cheap POS Chineese 2 stroke add ons......

80cc 2 Stroke Cycle Gas Motorized Bicycle Kit Bike Petrol Engine Motor Mount | eBay

Yeah man! Now were talking !!!!!
    I've already got this fat tire bike.

Just need to pull the trigger for an engine kit and some other parts for a 7-speed motorized bike like this. Woohoo!

Papa-Dukes-3.jpg
    Last edited by TW-Brian; 07-08-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    littletommy, Reddog and Ledmelon like this.

The price is sure right for those little engines, but I don't know if they last that long, plus they can be really loud. I researched these things well a few years ago when I could no longer walk without a lot of pain. I have always been a walker and my little Ginger Snap and I would walk a 3 mile route everyday on "the strip". (Fred knows where this is) When I could no longer do the walks, Ginger and I got a bicycle. I put a basket on the front so Ginger was in heaven, all those miles and all those smells and no dogs could catch her. If I mentioned going for a ride on "Gingers Bike", she would immediately jump up from her little hiding spot under the desk and run to the door, excited as you could ever imagine. I'd open the door and she would blast out and yip and run all around the bike hopping up trying to jump in the basket. It was one of her favorite things to do in the whole world. we often went to Riverfront park and did that little dog attract a lot of attention!! When people saw that happy happy dog riding along, they would flock to see her and talk to her and pet her...What a chick magnet!!! I'm sure they really wanted to talk to me, but I let Ginger get the credit. haha. Anyway, when my feet couldn't handle even riding the bike, we looked for a engine to put on it. I looked at so many of these engines. They looked interesting, but I read report after report of problems and noise, so we looked at higher end engines. One thing to note is that most of those little motors are not legal. You can have them on bikes, but the law requires that they be 49cc's or smaller. They also can't take you faster than 35 mph. I decided to go with a Subaru 49cc engine. There are also Honda bike motors and maybe one other good brand. I don't remember, it was quite a while ago. I would suggest looking into one of these. They are a lot more expensive, but I wanted to do the job once and have it last me the rest of my life if needed. I didn't clamp it to the frame like suggested, I welded a couple tabs here and there and mounted it permanently. It was a great bike. It got 130 to 150 miles a gallon and you guys know me, I am a pedal to the metal kind of guy. Ginger would twist that throttle and away we went. We were not easy on it. That thing took us along the Spokane River on the Centennial Trail 3 or 4 times a week. One extra nice days, we went to Idaho and back. The 4 stroke ones are quiet, just about exactly like a TW. You can sneak up on anything with them. The 2 strokers, you can hear them coming 1/2 mile away. I also geared it so it was fast. I took it as far as I dared...I was afraid the whole bike was going to fold in half on me...what a wreck that would have been. We did hit 60 with it and it still wanted to go faster, no sweat. Anyway, look for a good engine if you plan on keeping it and having to do next to nothing maintenance. Those fat tire bikes would be absolutely great for a bicycle engine!!
    Jon62602, TW-Brian, elime and 2 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    I've already got this fat tire bike.

Just need to pull the trigger for an engine kit and some other parts for a 7-speed motorized bike like this. Woohoo!
    I can see what the attraction will be at the next wrench and ride.
    Joemama and littletommy like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

So You guys are missing a huge segment of buyers that are putting electric middrive motors on these for off rode riding. Even snow. I talked my daughter into buying a chinese carbon fiber MTB with a 48v 750 watt bafang mid-drive for out at Catalina Island. She lives out there and gas and cars are difficult to get. And she needed to travel 10 miles into the interior so the electric bike was perfect no special permit needed etc. The thing hauls and uses the rear gears for hill climbing. We were going to buy these fat tire bikes with mid-drive instead of the TW's for riding in the desert.

You buy $360 fat tire bike put a suspension fork and seat post on it with one of these electric mid- drive motors and have pretty good range 30-40 + miles. @ $350 for the motor and another $ 400-500 for batteries.
    I hope I got the links ok below
    https://turbobobbicycleblog.wordpres...ectric-cycles-
    So the video is not electric snow bikes.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 07-12-2016 at 01:03 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Ok here us an electric snow vid not a mid- drive though which are better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SR_iLvsM
    Last edited by Tweaker; 07-12-2016 at 01:41 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Sponosred Links