pain in paradise
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: pain in paradise

pain in paradise

Just one of the hazards of living in Hawaii.
    04:00AM, Woke up with a stinging sensation in my upper leg. It quickly turned to fire at a spot about 4 inches below my crotch on the inside of my thigh.
    I turned on the light but did not see the perpetrator which means the bastard is still in the room some where.
    As the pain worsened I recognized the two puncture marks that are the signature of a centipede sting. I soaked it with a rag wet with vinegar and then dabbed on some orajel. No more sleep this night.
    This is the second time in two years I have been stung in my own house by these monsters. I killed the first one but couldn't find this one.
    The sting caused a half dollar sized swelling with a black spot the size of a pencil eraser with the two puncture marks looking like fang bite of a small snake. Damn those things hurt.
    Phelonius

Sounds like a big bugger. What about a Centi-Cat? Or Depede-Hound?
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Look at the positives, it DIDN'T bite your crotch!!
    dogonit, Lomax, Hidebound and 4 others like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Look at the positives, it DIDN'T bite your crotch!!
    Ouch!!! Though maybe we shouldn't go there.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

I had a spider get me on the arm once, what a way to wake up. Sleep, sleep, sleep, AWAKEN to the FIRE!

My house dragons take care of a lot of bugs but are smart enough to not go after the centipedes. I think a centipede would kill one.
    House dragons are quick but centipedes are armor plated and tough to kill. I think it could get in a lethal sting before the dragon could kill it.
    This is a typical house dragon.

Last edited by phelonius; 07-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Phelonius

It's amazing how life forms adapt to their surroundings. Your "house dragon" would be dead in seconds in my area as the coloration would be like a neon sign "Come Eat ME".
    Last edited by dogonit; 07-09-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Okay I found this video of a large gecko of a specie not found in Hawaii, fighting with a small centipede.
    I noticed that the gecko stopped moving except for breathing. I can't tell if it is waiting for the centipede to die or if it has been stung.
    I notice that it keeps its' legs out of reach of the pede.
    Phelonius

How about a common chicken?
    Kills centipede, you get eggs. Win!

'01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

I'm not sure that some of our centipedes are quite as deadly as those in other parts. Still, I'd bet on the chicken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links