Shop orginazation.... HELP...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Shop orginazation.... HELP...

Shop orginazation.... HELP...

30 x 90.....30 x 45 with concrete floor.... Mechanical work, tractor work, wood work, skinning work... Any ideas where to start? There are things that have been stuck in here since '55...
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

It's a mess....never can get caught up.

I've known messes, you sir are not a real mess.
    If you can still run that sheet of ply through the table saw without major rearrangement, you are way ahead of me.
    jtstdub, Lyterx, Hidebound and 6 others like this.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    I've known messes, you sir are not a real mess.
    If you can still run that sheet of ply through the table saw without major rearrangement, you are way ahead of me.
    Feel like I am a hoarder.

Looks fine to me. Besides anything you throw away this week likely will be needed next week.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I solved that problem... Built a 25x35 shop... and moved out of the garage that had all the manly disciplines imbedded inside, carpenter, plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, electronic engineering junk, RC airplanes, motor cycles, VW's.. Not much room to do much...hahahaaa. So my new shop is strictly auto/motorcycle and the garage now has the other stuff and enough room for the wife car. Our 2 car carport just has 1 vehicle in it now...

0708161733a.jpg0321161858a.jpg0327161935.jpg
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

jtstdub, what type of insulation did you use? Helps reflect the light too!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    jtstdub, what type of insulation did you use? Helps reflect the light too!
    The insulation is Prodex. Installed by the Building install team.
    The main reason I wanted insulation is for condensation....

Prodex Total Insulation 48 Inch

Some folks like the Prodex product others do not... Just like everything else.

These 100+ days of heat it is working.... I open the 8x7 rollup and a door on the opposite side and the temperature in the shop is lower than outside...

A huge + is the reflectivity for the lights... It is a wow factor... As you can see in the picture of the light blue VW... That is a late night shot... The other shot is a daytime shot and you can see the light being reflected very well. I only have 4ea 4 ft led light fixtures. 2 end to end and another 2 5 ft away on the next truss. they are 13ft up there!

These from Costco:

The bad is the bulbs are not replaceable. Oh well the price was good and I had tested the light so I knew that they would do very well.

http://www.costco.com/4’-Linkable-LE...100284402.html

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Lots of good info over at Garage Journal.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Flathats,
    I have found that lining certain walls similar to what's in jtstdub's pics above has helped me out a bunch for organization and keeping crap from winding up just laying where ever on top of other things etc;. They are also good because you can quickly scan to see things and locate them immediately. i tend to group "like" things or things that are used together and so on.

The ones I bought a long time ago and have served me well are the ones sold at HD or Lowe's and just about anywhere else. Walmart even has them I think. They are some composite plastic type deal about 3-4 feet wide and approximately 18-24 inches deep. They have the shelves and posts plug into them. Usually they are about 4 feet high within one pack but you can go up higher with additional pieces out of another pack. Currently I have a 30 X 60 pole barn and have them all the way across the back and 6 feet high. Then I have some here or there as needed.

They are simple, easy to assemble, cheaper than most comparable units, light weight, easy to move and rearrange, etc; I have had these foe 15 plus years of hard use and they hold up. Now if ya go throwing trannys and engine blocks on them they'll last about a minute. That said I have also used them in the back of a box truck I have and put 1/2 inch plywood on top of the shelving and they held up well with pretty regular construction tools and beatings. Throwing things like smaller chipping hammers etc; that have some decent weight and rugged metal cases. On and on.

Worked for me then and still does. I have broken one but I did that dumping firewood out of my dump truck into the pole barn and big chunks pummeled one. My fault. Just an idea for what has helped organize me and also a major space saver. Think of it this way.... just one shelving unit at 2' x 4' = 8 SQ FT. Now multiply by 4 shelves = 32 SQ FT for each unit. That same amount the shelves will hold will take up the same space a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood does. Two shelves = 64 SQ FT. Now go toss two full sheets of plywood on your garage floor and see how much space they make you loose.
    jtomelliott49 and Hidebound like this.
    Ride Safe.......You're the BUMPER!Hidden Content

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2009 Honda 420 Rancher 4x4
    Hill Billy Bags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links