Vintage RV's.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Vintage RV's.

Vintage RV's.

When my wife and I restored our tiny Boler travel trailer she came up with the idea of doing it up with a hunting and fishing theme.The camo upholstering,fishing lure curtain ties,fishing creel waste basket.shotgun door pulls,etc were all her ideas.....obviously the lady has been living with me too long. Being the avid outdoorsman that I am I totally ran with the idea.
    We call it the "Sportsman Edition".

Anybody out there with a Vintage RV??
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Oh if I were single that would be EXACTLY what I would build. Nice job.

Tom
    TWilight, Dubster, Tweaker and 2 others like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Very cute yours is. I think your little trailer has more "stay out of the rain" liveable space than our pickup camper. We use ours a ton but should have gotten the kitchen table slide-out model. Still, when you're tired of tents campers can keep the camping enthusiasm level up!

My mom and dad have a Scamp Camper which is very similar to the one you have. Their's looks to be a bit longer but your inside pictures look very close to theirs. I think theirs is the "cat & dog travel to Arizona & Back" theme!

Totally unrelated but I found this picture when looking up one for the Scamp. Though it was kind of funny!
    ejfranz, sponge, Dubster and 6 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

P1030708.JPG

'72 Nomad. Cheaper and cuter than adding a guest bedroom to the house. Here she is set up for outdoor movie night!

did a walk through of one of these a few weeks ago.

T18850-2016-Riverside-RV-WHITE-WATER-RETRO-176S-Travel-Trailer-12-560x371.jpg
    Company called White water makes a line of new retro trailers.
    A little expensive I think.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

My Mom was an artist and had a cute little trailer she painted up to look like an english cottage. It had flower boxes around the windows etc. Her and my stepdad used the heck out of it. I don't have any pictures of it though.

Your wife is very creative that's a nice trailer.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 07-18-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

We bought this 14' FAN camper last fall,
    Vin # 186 made in about 1956.
    Needs some work but is rust free and has new bearings, Wheels and tires and tows easy,
    Made out of Aircraft Aluminum and will shine if I want to spend the elbow grease,
    I need to run all new propane lines and get the furnace back on line as well as run a new trailer wiring loom to get those 1956 Tbird lights back on line,
    Otherwise quite sound ! !
    Wife LOVES it ! !
    fan1.jpgfan2.jpgfan3.jpgfan4.jpg
    Building a car port for it early next year as well,
    Peter B
    Dubster, sponge, Tweaker and 9 others like this.

We had a '76 Boler deluxe with wood cabinets and larger closet than a normal Boler. Trailer its self was only 10' but when the girls were young we had many many great camping trips with that unit. Best RV we ever had and cheapest to maintain as well. But as the girls got taller and needed more crap to camp for a weekend, we soon out grew our little unit. Best part was we towed it with Denice's Nissan Sentra 4x4 wagon, went anywhere and on the highways we were getting 32mpg towing the trailer! Love what you have done with your Boler and wishing you many happy camping trips
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    Needs some work but is rust free and has new bearings, Wheels and tires and tows easy,
    Made out of Aircraft Aluminum and will shine if I want to spend the elbow grease,
    I need to run all new propane lines and get the furnace back on line as well as run a new trailer wiring loom to get those 1956 Tbird lights back on line,
    Wife LOVES it ! !
    Peter B
    I love that wood panel interior. I think it deserves a little elbow grease to make the outside as nice. Then take it around to some of those retro meets.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    Wife LOVES it ! !
    Peter B
    Sweet. Have fun restoring that old gem!!! I know we had fun restoring ours.
    We recently purchased a larger more modern trailer because we plan on doing some extended touring next year. Figured we needed a dedicated bed and bathroom. The new trailer is only 23feet but it has a 4 foot slideout at the rear. Needless to say it feels like a palace after camping in the tiny one.
    We just returned yesterday from the yearly Vintage Fiberglass Trailer meet where there were close to 100 different vintage trailers of all kinds.
    IMG_0185.JPG
    My favourite was this Boler installed on an Izuzu cab over with a tilt deck for the Spyder. I would be able to get the TW,DR and DL on that.
    IMG_0192.JPG
    This one from Cape Breton was pretty cool also. Completely wrapped in the CB tartan!! Over the top awesome!!
    IMG_0179.JPG
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links