Whatever floats your goat
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Whatever floats your goat

Whatever floats your goat

In mine and mudbugs case, it would be 3 Nigerian Dwarf/Pygmy cross little babies. 717 mile round trip to get these little additions to the family. The first picture is Jo-Jo, he rode in Mudbugs lap the whole way back (through Houston and all), about 7 hours while the other 2 rode in a carrier in the back seat
    Attached Images Attached Images

not tourist taking pictures of mt goats....

Troopers: Mountain goat harassed by people drowns near downtown Seward

Troopers: Mountain goat harassed by people drowns near downtown Seward

i wonder if some of them could take pics of each other?

i'm glad you guys had a great trip!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You can do some real fine cooking with Goats milk and it's good to drink too with nothing done but filtering and cooling.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    You can do some real fine cooking with Goat.
    fify JK
    Lomax likes this.
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

I've eaten Goat but find it a little too strong tasting. I'd much rather just drink their milk and watch them clear a field of weeds and poison ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Lomax & Mandy, once I get home from this Alaska trip with Mel, I will post a few pictures on here of our Nigerian Dwarf goats, and....we also have a Golden Guernsey, which I recently found out is a very prized breed of goat, due to their limited number still left.

We have 7 goats in all, with 2 Llamas, and 1 Alpaca....and lots of chickens.
    Post them up, would love to see them, this puts us at 3 Goats, 2 Rabbits (sold the rest) 9 chickens, 2 cats and a dog
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    You can do some real fine cooking with Goats milk and it's good to drink too with nothing done but filtering and cooling.
    We wanted them for the milk and brush clearing abilities more than anything, Mudbug wants to make some homemade cheese

Meet Sheldon Hulk Crain yes my grandkids named him.ages 7 and 3.

His mama passed away 2 days after his birth. So now he's our bottle baby.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Twilight, Those are some great pictures of your little guys, Love how they like to climb on everything they can. Goldenhtr, That's such a sweet looking little baby you have there, Cute name, sounds like it came from 3 TV shows I know of. Sorry to hear about the mama, that's sad
    TWilight likes this.

I love goats, such funny animals with great personallities. I had 12 goats as a kid on our little hobby farm and one was a crazy billy. His name was simply "Billy" and only one that could go near him was me as I fed and watered him everyday. He had a big leather collar and a tether chain that I lead him around and kept him in fresh brush/grass, just shackled his forty foot chain to a tree and let him go at it. I had just moved him to a new area and the next morning I when to water him and he was missing. I followed his chain and found him upside down in a ditch, feet straight up and bloated as anything. Seems he got into some wild rubarb and it caused the bloat which killed him in a few hours. I ran to the house and told my mum with tears in my eyes as I loved the goofy old goat. Now I was ten, but there wasn't much I couldnt do on the farm and having to bury animals that passed away was something that just had to be done, so mum sent the other kids off to school and told me I had to stay and lay Billy to rest. My dad was trucking those days and was away alot so mum said she would help soon as I got the hole dug. I went and got the tractor and headed up to the pet cemetary at the back of the farm and dug a hole big enough to put the very large bloated Billy into. Mum came down to the feild and helped to tie his leg together and strap him under the bucket and off to his final resting place. She said just to lower him into the hole, but being ten and just alittle upset, I insisted that we stand him up so we adjusted his slings and lowered him in feet first into the hole and there he stood proud as ever. With big tears I started to shovel the dirt onto my beloved goat we my mum on the other side telling me it was just his time. Now once he was covered there was still alot of dirt due to the size of the goat we had buried so we just piled it up on top. With this chore done and ready to head back to the house I climbed back on the tractor and thats when mum yelled that I should pack the ground with the rear tractor tire. Now as mum always knows best, I lined up the back tire with the pile of dirt and started to reverse onto the pile. That's when the pressure burst the air sack from the bloat and this loud "Bhaaaa" came out of the freshly buried billy. I was off that tractor so fast and running for the house with everything I had thinking that he had come back to life. Mum caught up to me at the porch and tried to comfort me and explained what had happened while holding back her laughter. That goat kept me away for nights and took me along time to get over that one. Two days later when my dad got home and asked how everything was I just broke down again and when mum explained why, he too had a hard time holding back a laugh. Even to this day when I hear a goat bellow the hair on my neck stands up and it all comes flashing back. I even had to stop asking my brothers "Howz it goin" cause their standard reply was "Not Bhhaaaaad". Life on the farm was great, but there was times......
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links