Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: A Band of Misfits

A Band of Misfits

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Really?

NOW what happened?

I've been prepping two CT70s for next week, I check in here and.... This.

Forum administration in attempts to quell arguments and insults in some posts began deleting either words, entire posts, entire threads, and/or closing threads.
    This was after a outright ban on anything even deemed remotely political, religious or sexual in nature was imposed and by and large respected.
    It was transgressions, or perceived possible risk of future transgrssions into these subject areas, or any other subject that triggered the censorship.
    For example global warming, American flags as well as silverback gorillas were examples of forbidden subjects.
    The intent to foster an insult free family friendly forum was noble, just the manner taken to arrive there triggered strong resentment.

Of note is some of the arguments occurring did seem nasty and inappropriate. However some of this stems from concern we were possibly dealing with a drone ( a new non-riding forum member joining primarily to deliver political messages) who has subsequently seemingly dissappeared.
    joeband and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    AHA!
    Thanks.

Much like the "Tragedy of the Commons". I reckon that's why a few generations ago the feeling was not to discuss religion, politics etc in polite society.
    That was in the days when a "polite society" was also an armed one. Disagreement could end in bloodshed in those days. People esp those who were "pre Internet " have to be careful with expression without direct feedback. It's too easy to be dogmatic and not bother to think on what your writing afore up sending out. Some topics are best left out of "polite society" just by their nature. Sad truth is some folk don't want polite or feel their point is too important to bother with polite. Thus some form of censorship is required to maintain a "Polite Society" which is a bummer. Along with that is the saying I learned when managing grazing allotments on sensitive wild lands "if everyone is mad at you, your probably doing the correct thing". I quit that job as too stressful. So a show of support for the mods. Hard job very hard. Like being a Cop. There is too much negative energy as it is, it is best to generate positive energy just like the little TW.
    joeband, troll and WERA689 like this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

No "polite society " here... I treat people the way I have treated them.. Go back on the treatment...." I will cut your cinch"... Most can't even understand that quote....I live by it.. And will continue too..
    admiral likes this.

Yea, no more boot camp!
    Last edited by Fred; 07-30-2016 at 08:45 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Basement or whatever you want to call it, be a good idea to have one here so folks can go there if need be.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathats View Post
    No "polite society " here... I treat people the way I have treated them.. Go back on the treatment...." I will cut your cinch"... Most can't even understand that quote....I live by it.. And will continue too..
    Caro was only to willing to oblige. “Your brother showed up. He cut my cinch and— “
    “I didn’t cut your cinch!” Morgan yelled. Wyatt held up his free hand, and Morgan was silent.
    “Go on,” he urged Caro.
    “I took your stallion and ran, but he followed— I don’t know if he took your mare or his Jeep…”
    “i have the Jeep,” Wyatt replied, his arm still around her waist.
    “I tried to hide in here with the tour group—“
    “You owe money, young lady!” Jackie interrupted. He, too, was silenced with one hard look from Wyatt.
    “When your… deputy showed up, i did what I had to do to keep him at bay.”
    “By threatening a valuable historical treasure!” Jackie squealed. “This could cost me my job!”
    “She’s jumping to conclusions!” Morgan shouted.
    “Did you find anything in the mine? Like gold? Or more corpses?” Caro asked. “Maybe that’s why he tried to kill me.”
    “For the last time i didn’t cut your damn cinch! You have no proof of anything! And I don’t know a thing about gold or corpses!”
    “I think we should move this outside.” Wyatt spoke tersely.
    “I want me money back! one tourist demanded.
    “Me too!” another seconded. “I came here for a vacation—not to see riffraff and crooked cops!”
    Caro felt Wyatt flinch. His arm tightened around her waist, and there was pain in his eyes at the blow to his badge, his character, his town.
    Jackie started wringing his hands. “Please, people, tombstone is a safe town. Let’s just finish the tour.”
    TWilight and Flathats like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Now I understand why I fell out of the TW saddle. Somebody cut my damn cinch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links