Computer confuser
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Computer confuser

Computer confuser

There seems to be a number of you with etensive computer experience and knowledge, so I will ask if any of you have heard of this.
    A week or so ago my desktop back ground (it was a picture of one of my bikes) dissapeared. I followed all the directions I could find on the net but could not get it back.
    After about 4 days a different picture became my desk top. I didn't recognize it until I realized it was a greatly enlarged cropping of one of my other pictures. I tried but could not get rid of it. Early this morning I closed my computer without turning it off. Later when I opened it the screen was a blue blank with no cursor. Several times I turned it off by the emergency shut down of holding the power button down. Each time I turned it on I got the blue blank. After a number of tries it finally gave the icon and space for my Password. When I entered the password I got my old desktop bike picture back but 90 percent of the saved spots of information that had been my desk top were gone.
    I was sure I had lost all that data, some of which was important to things I was doing. I used the computer a couple of hours and turned it off. Next time I turned it on I noticed a number of very small white tabs at the very top edge just below the tool bar. I put the cursor on one and dragged it down. It was one of my data pieces. Another white spot took its' place . I dragged that down and got another piece of data. With a lot of clicking and dragging, I got all of my lost data back and still had my riginal desk top photo of my bike. WTF happened?
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    There seems to be a number of you with etensive computer experience and knowledge, so I will ask if any of you have heard of this.
    A week or so ago my desktop back ground (it was a picture of one of my bikes) dissapeared. I followed all the directions I could find on the net but could not get it back.
    After about 4 days a different picture became my desk top. I didn't recognize it until I realized it was a greatly enlarged cropping of one of my other pictures. I tried but could not get rid of it. Early this morning I closed my computer without turning it off. Later when I opened it the screen was a blue blank with no cursor. Several times I turned it off by the emergency shut down of holding the power button down. Each time I turned it on I got the blue blank. After a number of tries it finally gave the icon and space for my Password. When I entered the password I got my old desktop bike picture back but 90 percent of the saved spots of information that had been my desk top were gone.
    I was sure I had lost all that data, some of which was important to things I was doing. I used the computer a couple of hours and turned it off. Next time I turned it on I noticed a number of very small white tabs at the very top edge just below the tool bar. I put the cursor on one and dragged it down. It was one of my data pieces. Another white spot took its' place . I dragged that down and got another piece of data. With a lot of clicking and dragging, I got all of my lost data back and still had my riginal desk top photo of my bike. WTF happened?
    That's weird. What computer is it? Some computers have a feature where it will automatically change your background like a slideshow. And you can change the setting to fit, center, and crop the picture.
    Jon
    2007 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content
    Tusk D Flex Handguards, ProTaper Pillow Top grips, Yamaha crossbar pad

2002 Yamaha TTR-125
    1978 Honda XL125

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    May be a hard drive ready to crap out.

Or

A virus.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't worry, NSA should return control of your computer soon.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

What operating system are you using? (windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 10) m.

It is a Mac air and does act very weird at times. I think it has an internet social disease.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    It is a Mac air and does act very weird at times. I think it has an internet social disease.
    Sorry I don't have any experience with Apple computers.
    Jon
    2007 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content
    Tusk D Flex Handguards, ProTaper Pillow Top grips, Yamaha crossbar pad

2002 Yamaha TTR-125
    1978 Honda XL125

Goodness I know I went to Apple to make life easier. Pretty much did but once the unit got like two years old it done got funky. Cheaper and easier to upgrade.......do they do that on purpose? Who knows, sure isn't much fun. But that's how I solved an similar scene "buy your way out".......regrettable but expediant.
    Highway 61 likes this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by Jon62602 View Post
    Sorry I don't have any experience with Apple computers.
    Same here! I do better with things that I have to fix everytime I go to use them... m.
    Jon62602 likes this.

Phelonious please just go purchase a Chromebook!

Tom
    Jon62602 and mhomadness like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links