Can these boots be worn to a job interview?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    They are worn inside the pant leg, so that only the portion of the boot from the ankle down would be visible. Or do I need to bring dress shoes to change into once I get there? Chaparral Motorsports, parts sales position.

http://images.motorcycle-superstore....oots-Black.jpg

Yes, I am a bit strange, for discussing topics such as these on a model-specific online motorcycle forum, but whatever, lol.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Physically, yes.

It may even be a talking point in the interview, but it certainly wouldn't be the done thing in the white collar market.

Besides, your attitude and intellect will make more of an impression than superficial aspects.....unless there's close competition and they require a deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    They are worn inside the pant leg, so that only the portion of the boot from the ankle down would be visible. Or do I need to bring dress shoes to change into once I get there? Chaparral Motorsports, parts sales position.

http://images.motorcycle-superstore....oots-Black.jpg

Yes, I am a bit strange, for discussing topics such as these on a model-specific online motorcycle forum, but whatever, lol.
    Well I guess it depends on what the job is. And then do you want the job

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Throw on some black Kiwi and polish them real good. If you are questioned about them explain that motorcycle boots are the latest fashion for kewl ppl. lol

Swoop
    Swoop

"Better an honest enemy than a dishonest friend."

Funny topic. I did laugh out loud, really and had to open and read it. For a motorcycle sales position...why not!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Just remember it's better to over dress than under. If you have a chance for some recon do so. See how others dress and don't be afraid to step it up a little. Also unless it's a t-shirt.. tuck it in!! I know sloth may be the new fashion but you want to show them that you care how you look. Shave have neat hair and clean clothes. I may be old school but if some one came to me for a job wearing an old sweat suit and flip flops they won't stand a chance!! Last GOOD LUCK!!!

I think I'll go for it. I will be riding to the interview after all, and will still be wearing my jacket and spine protector upon first face-to-face contact. If they are even noticed at all, they will show that I value function over form (which could signal such qualities as integrity and sincerity), while still appearing classy and professional enough to pass the cursory 2 second inspection of the "old school" type. Beyond this, I suppose that if this ends up being the deciding factor in their decision not to hire me, I wouldn't have wanted to work for them anyway So it's a win-win! I will be wearing black pants and a nice collared shirt and tie, and I think these boots worn inside the pant leg can go with that. Of course this is all way over-analyzed especially since I'm really not worried about this aspect of the interview but hey, that's what I do.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Good luck with the interview.

My nephew worked there. The employee discount was very good to his po' old uncle....

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Here's hoping you get it. If that ends up being the case and you want some tips from an old parts pro I'd be glad to help.

You should go back to work as a consultant. Old parts pros who can think outside the computer are practically extinct.

I salute thee.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links