• 8 Post By Devils Advocate
  • 1 Post By fishguy
  • 4 Post By jb882
  • 3 Post By CS1983
  • 1 Post By goldenhtr
  • 2 Post By arbolmano

Thread: Changing banks. Any advice?

Changing banks. Any advice?

Im currently with Wells Fargo and Ive had my last unpleasant experience with them.
    In in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh on a regular basis and I am looking for an establishment which I can walk thru the doors and get a quick $5000 in case I need a car or motorcycle fix,
    IN REALITY I perfer to plae which I can walk into and sort out issues, Or get some cash, I dont know how online banks work when someone wants to bargin for a TW and you want $2500 CASH in hand to make a deal.
    Ide like a no monthly fee bank,
    Yes I can switch my direct deposit in,
    Yes I prefer free checks,
    I dont want ATM fees.
    Im looking for a fair place .
    I dont care if I make interest on the finds,
    I just dont want to be robbed every month,
    Any suggestions are welcomed.
    Thank you all,
    Sincerely
    Peter B
    Last edited by pred; 08-25-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Look into a credit union.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

All big banks suk. B of A and Wells Foogo are the worst. I use US Bank (western only?) for business and a Credit Union for the house account.

US Bank is ok, but, only ok. It does not meet your requirements.

I pay most bills on-line. Now, I only write 4 or 5 checks a month.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Look into a credit union.
    This, 10000%. Credit union is the way to go. I have been with mine for over 20 years and i have not a single complaint. Any time i have something that needed to be addressed it is done quickly and without hassle/red tape. They also change basically no fees, i have my money there, my mortgage, truck loan etc, i use them for everything. Personally I will never use a big bank again for anything.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Credit union +1. Banks suck. Credit union usually has member profit returns, too.

If not for our mortgage at Wells we would not do business with them at all. We closed our checking and savings accounts after a teller stole $400 cash from a deposit my wife made with some checks. The checks went through but we got a letter saying they never got the cash even though the receipt had the whole deposit including the cash amount. Problem is there receipt never separated the checks and the cash, just gave a total. That has now changed, now they show how much cash and checks on the receipt. We took this as far as we could with the banking commission. Funny they would not let us see the camera footage of the deposit. It was at the drive up window. We were just out $400!

We moved everything over to BECU.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Yet another voice for credit union. Better yet is all cash but so darn convenient to pay online.
    jtomelliott49 and goldenhtr like this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    If not for our mortgage at Wells we would not do business with them at all. We closed our checking and savings accounts after a teller stole $400 cash from a deposit my wife made with some checks. The checks went through but we got a letter saying they never got the cash even though the receipt had the whole deposit including the cash amount. Problem is there receipt never separated the checks and the cash, just gave a total. That has now changed, now they show how much cash and checks on the receipt. We took this as far as we could with the banking commission. Funny they would not let us see the camera footage of the deposit. It was at the drive up window. We were just out $400!

We moved everything over to BECU.
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    I opened a TD bank account yesterday on line and transferred some funds over, They are a bit better than the local credit unions I looked at as far as potential fees,
    Wells Fargo cancelled my old card "Due to security" reasons which means they really want me to have a chip card, So be it, But they cancelled my card without warning and left me at a gas station with a full tank of gas and no way to pay,
    ARG,
    So I called and they told me 7 to 10 days for a new card, I bitched pretty good and got them to overnight me a card to my work,
    Went to use NEW card after calling in to activate it, Fooking card didn't work, HAD to call them AGAIN and found that they changed my address on the new card so entering my zip code at the pump didn't work,,, ARG, They changed to my work address because that is where they mailed it to, SO THEREFORE my statements were going to be sent to my WORK,
    IDIOTS,
    Im transferring all funds away from that INSTITUTION and by the end of next week my funds will out of their slimy hands,
    ~ ~ ~
    Years ago I remortgaged to take a few bucks out to buy, Fix up a house to rent, While not a lot, Somehow they screwed this up and didn't get the auto withdraw active and tried to send me hundreds of dollars of fees,,,, I fixed that real fast,
    Last year when my wife pulled out of Wells they tried to charge her money for a cashiers check to remove her funds, I told them to just give me cash ! ! ! Manager tried to steer me away from handling a large sum of cash, I told her "Don't worry, I always carry a lot of cash" I was quite loud about the charge to leave the bank in front of all patrons and they decided to give me a cashiers check for free and WAVE the surcharges to close an account,,,,,
    ~ ~ ~
    Ive got a few things to change over like my EZ pass, Some online utilities, Auto insurance and direct deposit,
    Ill be fine,
    Still looking at Credit unions too,
    The TD account was an easy grab and with the checking account I got they are supposed to give me $300 if I keep a minimum balance for 90 days,
    No sweat,
    $300 is kinda nice,
    Funny how the banks will take your money so fast,
    Yet it can take months to fix what they took wrongfully from you when THEY make a mistake,
    "Oh, We will have to open an investigation" to see why they are charging fees for a mistake they made~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~
    Ride safe ALL ! ! !
    Peter B

Sponosred Links