Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 6 Post By Gerry
  • 4 Post By Fred

Thread: Just for Mr. Gizmo (Gerry)

Just for Mr. Gizmo (Gerry)

Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

​Thanks Tommy, pretty impressive. I do like to fool around with things, but that is pretty high tech. Here is a couple of pictures when I was still playing around with powering my kayak. The top picture is my first try with my yard blower. Made the mistake of launching at a public boat launch. The boat seemed to attract a few folks. Got to listen to them chuckling for about 5 minutes cause the system was inefficient and slow. The water pump one below worked much better. Having learned a lesson from the public launch, this test was in 'private'. I then graduated to a modified 'weed wacker'. That worked the best of all.
    Last edited by Gerry; 09-15-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    littletommy, jbfla, Purple and 3 others like this.
    Take care my Friend.........

Where is the jet? I only see electric powered ducted fans in the link.

So Gerry, I too have fooled around with various kayak propulsive experiments from loud 2-stroke outboards and 28cc weedwackers driving high speed propellors, gas and electric water pump failed experiments and finally settled on quite submerged electric outboards turning large propellors at relatively slow speeds. A 55lb thrust Minn Kota with radio frequency switched MOSFET speed controllers make good donors for custom kayak outboards, plenty of power to tow a pair of kayaks, or canoe with camp gear and dogs, fight afternoon upwinds through moderate swells, or play ice-breaker knifing through an inch of rotten ice. Model airplane propellors with higher pitch can yield higher speeds but are not as resistant to weed fouling.
    I too conducted my experiments away from laughing crowds....it all started when I would use my weedwacker powered model boat to tow me in an inflatable kayak to some remote small islands to then race around.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links