Most radical TW-based custom you've ever seen?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most radical TW-based custom you've ever seen?

I've accumulated so much spare TW crap that I'm considering building a totally useless street custom from "The Pile". Something barely legal enough to cruise downtown for a latte would be fine, as long as it isn't so squirrely that Purple can't ride it.

I've been all over the 'net, but haven't seen anything that trips my trigger. Plenty of street trackers, hollow mods and Jap bikes with bolt-on goodies, but nothing truly radical.

Something along the lines of THIS:

http://www.chabottengineering.com/we...to%20hoon.html

http://www.bikeexif.com/shinya-kimura

Shimura's Hoon.

That's right. Totally useless, ill-handling and excruciatingly painful to ride for more than 10 seconds. Probably louder than it has a right to be. In short everything I hate in a motorcycle, and I'll deny I ever built it. lol.

Anyone ever found a website with a preponderance of pointless exercises like this, or any individual specimens of similar small displacement choppers?

I actually think the Hoon is cool. But don't tell anyone.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ledmelon likes this.

Yep. The skateboard thing and the paint are kinda cool.

I'm kinda leaning toward the long and skinny look. 21's on both ends, more or less see-through kinda thing. But anything out of the mainstream will have an idea or two worth looking into,

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hard tail, rake, springer, peanut tank, overstuffed solo on springs, suicide clutch, jockey shift, apehangers, TW204 rear, Shinko 611 in MH90-21 on a spool, forward pegs, leather tassles and grips, Maltese cross taillight and mirrors,

I'm thinkin level top tube like a bicycle, but 4-6 inches further forward, tiny tank and shortie front end but with lots of rake and a 21. Major frame surgery not a problem.

Wide open on the rest, but with a lot of goofy details. Maybe incorporate old bike and car parts into it here and there. Connecting rods as hardtail struts, that kinda stuff. But keep it light and airy looking. Like some of the dainty little Sporty show bikes that Arlen built back in the day, but scaled down so it looks right.

The Japanese seem to be locked into the '70's right now, and most of their available cannon fodder is under 250cc's, so I've been going through those sites looking for show bikes along those lines.

I might change direction entirely if I see something I like, but it gots to be way out of the ordinary.

All weird ideas solicited.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I don't remember the name, Sebastian I think (a member of this forum from Germany [?])? I really liked his Motocrossed TW with XT250 (?) front end and wheel/tire, and other mods. I know that's not what you're looking to build but the title of your post just made me think of that one. It's amazing how many different things have been done with the TW!
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Hard tail, rake, springer, peanut tank, overstuffed solo on springs, suicide clutch, jockey shift, apehangers, TW204 rear, Shinko 611 in MH90-21 on a spool, forward pegs, leather tassles and grips, Maltese cross taillight and mirrors,

Yeah! That's close to what came to my mind when I read the original post.
    Add the brick sized b**ch seat on a rear fender and you got it.

Mini-ch
    opper.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

GCRAD1 likes this.
    Custom 1998 TW200 Build Thread Hidden Content | 2003 TW200 | 2009 KLX351

here is my idea,

a twin engine trike tw200+200, two main frames w/engines coupled to a single stretched front

Quote Originally Posted by sorethumb View Post

That's real close. Somewhere between a boardtracker and a salt flat racer/ drag bike.

I swear if I have to look at another Deus "custom" TW I'm gunna puke.

All the Jap TW's are starting to look alike, too. Don't they have welders over there?

I guess they're all tied up at the moment building ridiculous swingarms.

Move on.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links